Need Suggestions for 3rd Daughter's Name

I am not exactly sure what my baby naming style is because I like so many different names. We are planning for our 3rd baby daughter, but I need suggestions on what to name her. I would like for the three girls’ names to harmoniously sound like sisters as far as compatiblity and style. However, I am not sure what name could go with the styles of my first two daugthers. Their names are [name]Caitlin[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Perhaps I didn’t plan their names well for the long-term sibling compatibility. I like for things to “go together” and make sense. We also hope to one day have a 4th child to complete our family. Our last name is 2-syllables. I would love to hear your thoughts!

[name]Hope[/name] this helps! =)
[name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
Paetyn
[name]Kadence[/name]
Kaidyn
[name]Sierra[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]

[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]

I think that [name]Madeline[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] go best with [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Caitlin[/name].

[name]Do[/name] your girls go by any nicknames? This might influence which names fit in.

[name]Hi[/name]…I love how the names of your first two daughters go so well together. Very pretty and classic.

Here’s some ideas for number three…(3 girls…how cute!)

[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Brianna[/name]
[name]Julianne[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

I think these would be really nice with [name]Caitlin[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name].

Good luck!

Previous poster suggested [name]Isabelle[/name]…very pretty name but it is very close in root to [name]Elizabeth[/name].

I would do another classic name that does not start with an E or C/K. [name]Laura[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name] would go well.

Are you looking for something trendy like [name]Caitlin[/name], or do you prefer the classic [name]Elizabeth[/name]?[name]Do[/name] you have other threads going? I’m getting confused! I apologize for any repeats. :slight_smile:

Let’s see…

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name] (Irish, like [name]Caitlin[/name], but not the best with [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] (Irish like [name]Caitlin[/name], but sophisticated like [name]Elizabeth[/name])
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name]/[name]Rosaleen[/name] (Irish, like [name]Caitlin[/name])
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/[name]Tessa[/name] (The trendier [name]Tessa[/name] has [name]Caitlin[/name]'s modern feel, while retaining [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s classic feel)
[name]Victoria[/name] (ditto)

I’d personally stick to classic or vintage names, because I think another trendy name would make [name]Elizabeth[/name] stick out more than another classic name would affect [name]Caitlin[/name].

Good luck!:slight_smile:

Thank you for your suggestions! I have just not known which direction to take. To answer your questions, my daughter [name]Caitlin[/name] has never gone by a nickname. However, our youngest, [name]Elizabeth[/name], just turned one-year old and we are thinking we need to designate an official nickname since she does have a long name. So far, she has primarily been [name]Elizabeth[/name]. We’re considering [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Libby[/name], or [name]Eliza[/name].

I understand that [name]Caitlin[/name] is trendier. I usually tend to be attracted to the top 100 popular names, but I understand the suggestion of sticking with more vintage names so that [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s name doesn’t stick out. This is something I wanted direction on as we plan for another sibling. There are so many ways to go! I am open to ideas and appreciate your help!

[name]Caitlin[/name] is trendier than [name]Elisabeth[/name], but it doesn’t feel glaringly so to me. [name]Caitlin[/name] groups with the very classic [name]Catherine[/name] in my mind, so it’s a great fit for [name]Elisabeth[/name]. With that in mind, I’d stick to the more classic of the Top 100…and maybe dip into the retro-classics, too. [name]How[/name] about these (some are repeats, but they’re my favs!):
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Marjorie[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Priscilla[/name]

The pronunciation [name]Kate[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] is trendier but the name [name]Caitlin[/name] is old. It was phonetically more appealing at a certain era than [name]Kathleen[/name], to prefer [name]Kate[/name] over Kath, but it’s the same name originally.

I like [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], even [name]Olivia[/name]. I don’t think there’s a real problem choosing a popular name again… if you try too hard to get a very different name, I think that it will be out of place, but these are all beautiful names. I like other names like [name]Vivian[/name] or [name]Beatrice[/name] that I think are a little out of step with the others - what do I know? Lots of little Beatrices running around, but I still think next to [name]Elisabeth[/name], it will go back in the vault eventually while [name]Elizabeth[/name] never really does, and significantly different era from [name]Caitlin[/name].

[name]Amelia[/name] is a good name. I like that one a lot.
I think [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Madeline[/name] might have too much lin w/ [name]Caitlin[/name] unless you use the long i.