Need thoughts on our shortlist...

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all.

As you know we are set on using [name_u]Seren[/name_u] as the middle name for our daughter. It is my best friend’s name and we both love it.
Unfortunately it has meant that we need to rule out a couple of favourites e.g. [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f] etc. But we have (finally!) managed to get a shortlist together :slight_smile:
So here it is:
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]
possibly [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] - but I’m worried that [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is a bit cutesy.

What do you think? We don’t have too long left, so it would be fab to know what you think of each of these names, what you would rank them in etc.

Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

Despite their popularity, I like [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] the most. [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is very striking to me and I think it pairs best with an equally elegant and striking name.

Depending on your pronunciation of [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], they could end up sounding very similar to [name_u]Seren[/name_u]. Also I think [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] lacks the elegance I’d want.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] seems rather cute and youthful with [name_u]Seren[/name_u]. Perhaps that is what you are seeking but I do think [name_u]Seren[/name_u] deserves more!!

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is just “eh”. I think I’d prefer the spelling [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]. What about
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f]? Either way I still think both are too cute for [name_u]Seren[/name_u].

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]- this is beautiful! One of my favorites.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]- I also like this

[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]- this has a lot of Es. I don’t like it as much as the others

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]- this is very pretty, but [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is just too popular for me, much more than your other choices.

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]- if you pronounce this ad-el-in I think it rhymes too much.

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]- [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is cute, but it is a very different style from [name_u]Seren[/name_u], I agree that it might be too cute.

Which syllable is stressed when you say [name_u]Seren[/name_u]? Is it pronounced like SAIR-in or like suh-[name_u]REN[/name_u] (or another way)?

I love [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] with [name_u]Seren[/name_u]! The names that end with the “n” sound don’t flow as well with [name_u]Seren[/name_u].

Hmm…
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] ~ [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is a charming [name_m]French[/name_m] name it’s elegant and has a pretty lyrical sound. [name_u]Seren[/name_u] sounds really lovely teamed with [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. She rounds the name of in a pretty fashion. It has a great flow. 9/10

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] ~ [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is a charming vintage name with a range of adorable nicknames suiting a range of personalities. [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] would suit a tomboy individual whereas [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] would suit a girly girl. She’s great and has lovely connotations with [name_m]Roald[/name_m] Dahl’s heroine. I think [name_u]Seren[/name_u] sounds pretty teamed with [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. It’s pretty. 9/10

[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] ~ [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is a gorgeous classic. She’s elegant and ageless. This is by far my favourite spelling of [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. I also think the [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] nickname is very cute. Nevertheless the flow of [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is off the sound of the ‘n’ is too over pronounced and causes a disjointed sound. 7/10

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] ~ [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is a lovely name she has the great nicknames [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] & [name_f]Bella[/name_f] which can suit two different personalities for sure. I am not keen on [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] as a combination I think it sounds trendy. I think [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] needs to be teamed with a name like [name_f]Kate[/name_f] or [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] so the combination doesn’t feel trendy and therefore date. 6/10

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] ~ [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is another lovely [name_m]French[/name_m] name. She’s so beautiful. Very strong choice. But I have the same opinion regarding this name that I do with [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. The flow is disjointed through the over pronounced ‘n’ sound. I think other ‘addie’ names like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Adele[/name_f], or [name_f]Adela[/name_f] would work with [name_u]Seren[/name_u]. 7/10

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] ~ [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is a beautiful Scottish variation of [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] and has the adorable meaning ‘loving’ however some have interrupted the meaning as ‘lovable’ which is also great. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is quiet popular amongst upper crust Brits and I know [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]'s of all different ages therefore for me it doesn’t feel ‘cutesy’. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] has the best flow from your list the name just rolls of the tongue. She has a range of great nicknames my favourite being [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. This is my favourite 10/10

My top three are [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u], and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] just out beats the rest.

: )

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is a stunning name! So stylish, sophisticated and effortlessly beautiful. I also like the balance of sounds. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is bright and lilting, [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is smooth and muted. Neither one is “fussy” or “frilly”, but it’s still girly in its own way. I love it!

I really like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u].

I love [name_u]Seren[/name_u]. (Welsh - check; star name - check :))

Of your eliminated names, I actually think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is totally fine and in fact lovely! [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is not too bad either, tho a bit choppy ([name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f] could fix that?). [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is a bit repetitive, though gorgeous on paper. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] has a similar issue, but less so as long as you pronounce it -line.

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is sweet & cute, but also spunky & a bit sassy [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. As far as flow, [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is by far my favorite, followed by [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u].

Good luck!