Need To Name A Character's Sister

I have this huge series I’m working on and I’m trying to get everyone named.

It’s a supernatural type series with humans, vampires, warewolves, witches, etc. The series has a dark feeling to it, and I’m trying to give the characters “nomal” (for lack of a better word) names as no character was born into the supernatural…they all ended up in based on a series of different events…once they learned about the supernatural, some choose to be involved, while others were forced or had their love ones threatened so they had no choice but to get involved.

My main character is [name]Carly[/name]. Human Female, 20ish, 5’10”, blonde hair, blue eyes. She had a tough childhood, mother into drugs and alcohol. Left home at 16 and lived on the streets for 4 years until she got involved with the supernatural world. The street has made her tough but she also has innocence about her. She’s an extrovert, confident, leader, smart, sly, sees the good in the most evil people. She fits in whether she’s at a ball or a biker bar. She’s loyal and her humanity gets the best of her every time.

I need to name [name]Carly[/name]'s estranged sister. She’s a vampire who hunts vampires. She’s 25ish, 5’8". Extrovert, wild, impulsive, lives her undead life to the fullest, confident, smart, sly, strong, deadly with any weapon, smokes, drinks, sleeps around.

I’ll take any suggestions. [name]Carly[/name] is feminine but at the same time has an hardness to it…I want a name with the same feeling for [name]Carly[/name]'s sister.

A couple ideas I like: [name]Bryce[/name], [name]Reese[/name] or maybe a ‘J’ name?

What about [name]Jules[/name]? Could be a nn for [name]Julie[/name]/[name]Julia[/name]/Juilet?

[name]Jenna[/name]
[name]Jeri[/name]
[name]Jackie[/name]
[name]Jorja[/name] - [name]Georgia[/name] - [name]Georgie[/name]

[name]Frankie[/name]
[name]Lori[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Stephanie[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Daniella[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name] - [name]Romy[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]/[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Trixie[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Alex[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Loretta[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] you find the name you want!

[name]How[/name] about…

[name]Edith[/name] - Sounds quiet but the strong “D” puts some power to it (you can call her “[name]Edi[/name]”)
[name]Gloria[/name] - Sounds like an extrovert. It’s feminine but strong.
[name]Jade[/name] - Short and I’d guess fits your “J” criterion.

I want it to be an H name for some reason. [name]Helene[/name] or [name]Helena[/name] comes to mind. Or [name]Holly[/name]

When I said a ‘J’ name, I was thinking [name]Julie[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Jules[/name]…I like [name]Jenna[/name] too. I also like [name]Joss[/name], but I’m not sure it stands up on it’s own with out [name]Jocelyn[/name]. [name]Jorja[/name] is good too. I prefer the J spelling rather then [name]Georgia[/name], but when I see the [name]Jorja[/name] spelling I always think of the girl on CSI.

I’m feeling [name]Danielle[/name] too…(nn. [name]Dani[/name])

[name]Romy[/name]…not bad. I like [name]Alex[/name] too.

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Edith[/name]…love it so much I’m using it in another story. [name]Love[/name] [name]Jade[/name]…not so much love for [name]Gloria[/name].

I’m not really feeling [name]Helene[/name]. [name]Holly[/name] seems to…cheerful…too [name]Merry[/name] [name]Christmas[/name] like.

Thanks everyone…keep them coming.

[name]Joy[/name]? The complete opposite of this character. LOL

Yeah [name]Joy[/name] would be cool

More suggestions;

[name]Jill[/name] - [name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]??
[name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Kitty[/name]/[name]Kit[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name] nn [name]Tori[/name]
[name]Lea[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Joanie[/name]
[name]Jaime[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Heidi[/name]

[name]Justine[/name] (pronounced “just-een”) - For a character who’s actions need no justification (laughs)
[name]Jordyn[/name] - It means “flowing down”. You can call her [name]Jorie[/name]/[name]Jordy[/name].

More awesome suggestions.

Haha michaela…I was thinking [name]Joanie[/name] and [name]Jaime[/name] too. [name]Kit[/name], [name]Torie[/name]…love them.

@scribe…[name]Justine[/name]…cool with the whole actions need no justification. [name]Love[/name] it. I’ll add that to the top of my list.
I love [name]Jordyn[/name] too…[name]Jordy[/name] is cool. You don’t think [name]Carly[/name] and [name]Jordy[/name] would be too much? [name]Both[/name] names end with ‘Y’?

Thanks michaela. [name]Love[/name] [name]Tori[/name], [name]Joanie[/name], [name]Jaime[/name]…I had those on my list of J names…especially [name]Jaime[/name].

@scribe…so cool with the whole [name]Justine[/name] no justification. I like it.
I also love [name]Jordyn[/name] with the nn. [name]Jordy[/name].

Ummm…[name]Justine[/name] or [name]Jordy[/name]? [name]Don[/name]'t know which one to go with. I think [name]Jordy[/name] may be a little too ‘sporty spice’.

Thanks michaela. [name]Love[/name] [name]Tori[/name], [name]Joanie[/name], [name]Jaime[/name]…I had those on my list of J names…especially [name]Jaime[/name].

@scribe…so cool with the whole [name]Justine[/name] no justification. I like it.
I also love [name]Jordyn[/name] with the nn. [name]Jordy[/name].

Ummm…[name]Justine[/name] or [name]Jordy[/name]? [name]Don[/name]'t know which one to go with. I think [name]Jordy[/name] may be a little too ‘sporty spice’. The meaning; fair, righteous. Doesn’t really fit, but I know many people whose personalities don’t fit what their name means.

Should totally be [name]Kit[/name]! I could see [name]Caitlin[/name] & [name]Carly[/name] aka [name]Kit[/name] & [name]Carly[/name]

When I think of [name]Kit[/name] I always see the girl from the baseball movie League of Their Own. [name]Kit[/name] was [name]Dottie[/name]'s little sister.

[name]Fiona[/name] - Fi (pron. fee)
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name] nn [name]Jazz[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name] nn lala

Yeah I know what you mean about the sporty spice feel of the name.
I definitely favor [name]Justine[/name] but…

I’m assuming you’re still undecided about the sister, so I’m going to add more names to the mix.

What do you think of these J names:

[name]Josephine[/name] - [name]Josie[/name] for short.
[name]Janine[/name] - [name]Jan[/name]/[name]Janie[/name] (pronounced “jay-nee”), or [name]Nina[/name] as nicknames. Personally, I think [name]Carly[/name] and [name]Nina[/name] sound nice.
[name]Juliet[/name] - Call her “[name]Jewel[/name]” instead of “[name]Julie[/name]”.

Other names I’d like to suggest:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Bernice[/name] - Sounds nice until she burns you.
[name]Merill[/name]

I’m so glad you were thinking [name]Holly[/name]! I think [name]Holly[/name] would be great, because [name]Holly[/name] is a magical plant in Wicca.

I just looked it up in my encyclopedia of magical herbs (don’t ask why I have this) and it says [name]Holly[/name] has powers of protection, anti-lightning, luck, and dream magic. And when planted around the house it protects the inhabitants from mischevious sorcerors. A person, or character, could easily embody these things :slight_smile:

Thanks. I did consider [name]Holly[/name], but I ended up going with [name]Justine[/name]. It fit a little more with what I had in mind for the character. [name]Holly[/name] was maybe a bit to peppy.