Need your help asap

Our energetic (loud) baby has been here awhile. We go back and forth on names and now just need to pick, it is time to move on. His sister’s name is [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] ([name_f]Lolo[/name_f]) and our last name starts with a B, two syllables, ending in 'win, 7 letters.
Here are some we have considered over time, and I will note any particular questions next to the name. Please give your top three you think we should consider and I welcome any thoughts you have on these names. I appreciate any help and we would like to finalize the names in the next few days!!! Thank you!!!

Not in any particular order:
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]–a friend named their son this…
[name_u]James[/name_u]–not sure if too boring…one of the most used boys name of all time…
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]—does this work with our last name if ours ends in 'win?
[name_u]Sam[/name_u]–prefer this to [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] I think. Not sure how I feel about the unisex part…
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]–not sure how I feel about [name_m]Hank[/name_m] or [name_m]Harry[/name_m] (I realize names don’t need nicknames). Also, not sure if name is too boring?
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]–not sure it flows with last name…
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]–Is this too close to our daughters nickname?
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]–concerned about being called [name_f]Judy[/name_f]…a bit feminine.
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]–not sure it flows, might be too biblical…
[name_u]Max[/name_u]–a number of people we know have used this name…
[name_m]Will[/name_m]–it rhymes with my name, would this be too weird?
[name_u]August[/name_u]–I think it might be a mouthful with our last name

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] is my top pick for you! I don’t think he would be called [name_f]Judy[/name_f], but if you wanted a more solely masculine version, you could always go with [name_m]Judah[/name_m]!
[name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u] are wonderful! I would definitely keep those in the running!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts on the list:

[name_u]Miles[/name_u]-Well, I’m not surprised that your friend named her son this. I feel like most people I meet name their son this. Okay, that’s an exaggeration, but I do hear it an awful lot. It’s a nice name & goes well w/[name_f]Lauren[/name_f], but I wouldn’t do it if your friend just did.

[name_u]James[/name_u]–Well, it is really common. But it’s a handsome classic, & you could do the nn [name_u]Jem[/name_u] or Jass. Both kind of fun & unexpected like [name_f]Lolo[/name_f]. Could definitely work.

[name_u]Finn[/name_u]—I suppose it could be a bit rhyme-y w/your ln. I love it though. It’s so sporty & charming.

[name_u]Sam[/name_u]–I love [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] nn [name_u]Sam[/name_u], but I think that [name_u]Sam[/name_u] could work on its own if you really don’t like [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]. [name_u]Sam[/name_u] & [name_f]Lolo[/name_f] would be cute! I don’t think that [name_u]Sam[/name_u] is all that unisex. Especially now days. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] is way more popular than [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] in 2020.

[name_m]Henry[/name_m]–I love [name_m]Henry[/name_m] nn [name_m]Hank[/name_m], but [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is sooo popular.

[name_u]Asher[/name_u]–Ooh, I like this w/[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]. It’s a great name. The ‘[name_u]Ash[/name_u]’ part makes it sound a little exotic, but it’s actually a good solid biblical name too.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m]–[name_m]Leo[/name_m] & [name_f]Lolo[/name_f] are way too close. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is quite nice though.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]–I love [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. I see your concern w/[name_f]Judy[/name_f]. If you’re a nn person, there’s really no other way to go here. I love [name_m]Julian[/name_m] (or [name_m]Julius[/name_m]!) nn [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]–I like it, but it’s kind of meh. [name_u]Asher[/name_u] is cooler if we’re comparing biblical names. And [name_u]Asher[/name_u] is less obvious of a biblical name too.

[name_u]Max[/name_u]–I love it, but it’s so popular.

[name_m]Will[/name_m]–I think it rhyming w/your name could be weird, yes. This is way over done too.

[name_u]August[/name_u]–Ooh, I love [name_u]August[/name_u]. It’s super handsome. Simple yet not way over done. It’s one of those names that’s rugged & gentle at the same time. And the nns [name_m]Augie[/name_m] & [name_u]Gus[/name_u] are sooo cute.

[name_f]My[/name_f] top three in general are [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_u]Max[/name_u] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. But if I were you, with your ln, with your daughter’s name, & with any concern for popularity, my top three are [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Asher[/name_u] & [name_u]Sam[/name_u]. [name_u]James[/name_u] is a close #4 if you’re into the nns [name_u]Jem[/name_u] or Jass.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] my rambling helps a bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_u]Miles[/name_u]–great name but I’d avoid if your friend just used it

[name_u]James[/name_u]–one of the most used and indeed the most boring

[name_u]Finn[/name_u]—I think it could work if the emphasis is on the other syllables in your surname. Alternatively, there’s [name_u]Finley[/name_u]

[name_u]Sam[/name_u]– [name_u]Sam[/name_u] is nice. Simple but not too overused

[name_m]Henry[/name_m]–sweet and no need for a nick name. [name_f]Hen[/name_f] and [name_m]Ry[/name_m] could be other nn possibilities

[name_u]Asher[/name_u]- cheery and gentle. [name_u]Ash[/name_u] is a cute nn

[name_m]Leo[/name_m]–a little close to [name_f]Lolo[/name_f].

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]–not too feminine! Charming name

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] -familiar but not overused

[name_u]Max[/name_u]– cute and versatile but if it’s used in your group, I’d avoid

[name_m]Will[/name_m]–the fact your worried about the rhyming suggests you’d find it odd?

[name_u]August[/name_u]–warm and sunny -i like it but without knowing your surname I can’t comment

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] are my top three.

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] and [name_m]Ben[/name_m] came to mind

Here’s are my first impressions:

[name_u]Miles[/name_u]– probably best to avoid if your friend just used this one.
[name_u]James[/name_u]– classic and timeless! Quite popular, but variations and nicknames abound.
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]— LOVE [name_u]Finn[/name_u], but I don’t think it works as [name_u]Finn[/name_u] B___win. Very rhymey.
[name_u]Sam[/name_u]– I prefer it as a nickname, but like [name_u]James[/name_u], classic and timeless.
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]– hardly boring but very popular. [name_m]Hank[/name_m] is a great nickname, in my opinion.
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]– I think it works just fine with your surname, and make a great sibset with [name_f]Lauren[/name_f].
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]– lovely choice, but very close to [name_f]Lolo[/name_f].
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]– I’d be more worried about constant “Hey [name_u]Jude[/name_u]’s” than [name_f]Judy[/name_f]. A lovely name.
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]– I think the flow will be just fine with this one as well.
[name_u]Max[/name_u]– if it’s trendy in your area, I would steer clear
[name_m]Will[/name_m]– I don’t think rhyming is too weird! Similar to [name_u]Sam[/name_u], I prefer [name_m]William[/name_m] with the nickname.
[name_u]August[/name_u]– big fan of nickname [name_u]Gus[/name_u] here, and I think it’s hard to make [name_u]August[/name_u] a mouthful

I’d say my Top 3, considering your surname, popularity, and a match for [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]/[name_f]Lolo[/name_f] would be:

[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] (nn [name_u]Gus[/name_u])
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Hank[/name_m])

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal top three:

1. [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]August[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Will[/name_m]

[name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] are good options too!

[name_u]Miles[/name_u] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] are wonderful names but because you already know a friend/other people who used it, it might be better to avoid, but that depends on how close you are with those people, how often you see them, etc.
I love [name_u]Finn[/name_u] but I think it wouldn’t go well with your last name because of the rhyming. If you really want to use [name_u]Finn[/name_u] while avoiding the rhyming you could consider [name_m]Finneas[/name_m] / [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] / [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] / [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] with nickname [name_u]Finn[/name_u].
I really like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is fine but [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Lolo[/name_f] is a bit too close probably.

Taking everything you said into consideration my top three are.

1. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] - have you considered “[name_u]Finn[/name_u] to be the nn and go with the longer [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]? That might address your concerns with the name.

2. [name_u]August[/name_u].

3. [name_m]Henry[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are…

1. [name_u]Max[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Sam[/name_u]
  3. [name_u]August[/name_u] nickname [name_u]Gus[/name_u]

Thank you for your feedback!

[name_f]My[/name_f] top picks are
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_u]James[/name_u]- nn [name_u]Jem[/name_u] or [name_u]Jaz[/name_u]. Both go great with [name_f]Lolo[/name_f].

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]- like as a nn but think would need to be [name_m]Judah[/name_m] to go with your surname.

Would you consider [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]? [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] & [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_f]Lolo[/name_f] & [name_f]Els[/name_f]/[name_m]Leo[/name_m]