Need your opinions please!

We have a 2 year old daughter [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and are expecting our second child next year.

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] (girl) and [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] (boy)

Thank you 

[name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] is too close too [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] (which is lovely!)
I don’t really have an opinion on [name_f]Orla[/name_f]. I can’t really see it with [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] though…

I don’t like [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m]. It looks weird to me. [name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] is cute.

I would not name your son [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] if you already have an [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] could work…
[name_f]Orla[/name_f] is unique and I think it works with [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] as a middle name, but there’s something that bothers me about the combo [name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]. I think it’s all the L’s and R’s. It trips up my tongue a little to say it aloud.

I don’t like them in your sibset. I don’t think we have the same style exactly but I’ll give some ideas

[name_f]Phaedra[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Raina[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]

[name_u]Rowen[/name_u]
[name_m]Lowell[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_u]Neil[/name_u]

I love [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] (I’d spell it Elwynn though) :slight_smile:

I agree that [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] is too close to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. Instead of [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m], what about [name_m]Selwyn[/name_m]? It has the -wyn ending but is more masculine, and less matching with [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. [name_f]Orla[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] are good together, and [name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] is lovely.

[name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] feels too close to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], but I like the name.
Maybe you like [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_m]Willem[/name_m], [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Moses[/name_m], [name_m]Phelan[/name_m], [name_m]Valor[/name_m] or [name_m]Noam[/name_m]? Looking through my own lists, these were the ones with the same vibe as [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m].
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m] would also be close but less similar to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. I love the nickname [name_m]Ned[/name_m]! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Orla[/name_f] is cute next to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], I really love [name_f]Orla[/name_f] ^^
[name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] is a little heavy on the R and L sounds, but it works. I like [name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Peridot[/name_f], [name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] or [name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] as alternatives, they all feel a little lighter.

I love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] - it’s so adorable but transitions easily through all ages.

[name_f]Orla[/name_f] is one of my favourite names, and [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] follows it nicely. [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] is a bit close to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], but you could try something close! [name_m]Euan[/name_m] is pronounced like you+n, [name_m]Erwyn[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] (or Earon or another alternative spelling; pronounced like aaron) would flow well, There’s also [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_m]Eli[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_u]Easton[/name_u]…I’m just throwing names at you now :smiley: Anyway, I hoped I helped, and congratulations and good luck!

I know the sort of name I’m after a Elf/[name_f]Pixie[/name_f] magical Irish/Welsh kind of feel if you know what I mean lol

Any suggestions

Our surname is Peregreen which is Welsh

[name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] certainly has the pixie/elven quality ^^
Would you consider just [name_u]Wyn[/name_u]?
Oisín is also great, and [name_m]Emrys[/name_m].
If you use [name_m]Peter[/name_m] in the middle, a nature name up front would be great :slight_smile:
[name_m]Fox[/name_m] feels very fey, as does [name_f]Arbor[/name_f]/Arbour, [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], [name_u]Oak[/name_u]/[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]. Actually, I love [name_u]Oak[/name_u] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] Peregreen, it’s a little bit choppy but really fun!

• o ending names would also be great, Falco, [name_m]Finlo[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Ianto[/name_m], [name_m]Ludo[/name_m].

Both names are really gorgeous, but I also think [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] is too close to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] (unless you plan on calling him [name_u]Wyn[/name_u]/[name_u]Win[/name_u] or [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]). I think the y also makes it look a bit feminine and trendy, and would be confusing, so I’d opt for [name_m]Elwin[/name_m]

I love them both.

[name_f]Orla[/name_f] is very nice, and [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] is one of my GP’s, but I think it makes a great middle name.
[name_m]Elwyn[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] is great too, but I do think [name_m]Elwyn[/name_m]'s very close to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f].