Needed: Turkish girl names!

I’m due with a baby girl in [name_f]October[/name_f] and since my husband is half Turkish, we’re considering using a Turkish name somewhere in the combo. Problem is, neither of us is that familiar with Turkish names (we’re Americans) so I’m seeing if there are any berries that can help. So please feel free to suggest your favorite (or really any) Turkish girl names! Ones we’ve come across so far that we like are:

Esmeray - I like, husband doesn’t
Lunara - not sure how legit this one is since I’ve found it on two different websites and they both gave different meanings
[name_f]Suheyla[/name_f] - would probably use in the middle
Alanya - not traditionally used as a name but it’s where my husband’s Turkish family is from so we thought it might make a nice middle
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] - was rather fond of this a few years ago but now it’s kind of lost its sparkle for me

If this baby was a boy the middle name would have 100% been Cenk (family name) but girl names are just a lot harder for my husband and I to agree on.

TIA!

Caria (the meaning is gorgeous - a person who flows like water), [name_f]Yasmin[/name_f] and Berrin are my favourite Turkish names. I live in [name_m]Wales[/name_m] and I actually know of a teenager called Berrin and everyone can pronounce it right first time

I’m not Turkish, so I’ve probably got my facts wrong. It does look different to the majority of other Turkish names. Apparently it’s pronounced [name_f]Carry[/name_f]-yah…

1 Like

Okay, thank you for this. It’s great to learn a new thing every day haha!!

1 Like

Zehra [name_f]Sibel[/name_f]
[name_f]Azra[/name_f] Elnara
Kadri Roshan
[name_f]Defne[/name_f] [name_f]Miray[/name_f]
[name_f]Alya[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeray[/name_f]

Nour
[name_f]Eda[/name_f]
[name_f]Azra[/name_f]
[name_u]Evren[/name_u]
[name_f]Meryem[/name_f]
Nadire
Safiye

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to this thread. We’ve had a lot of stuff going on lately so this thread kind of got away from me. I do like lots of the “A” names suggested ([name_f]Alara[/name_f], [name_f]Aylin[/name_f], [name_f]Alina[/name_f], etc) but they’re too close to our current front runner [name_f]Aya[/name_f] for me to use one of them in the middle and I don’t like them enough to knock [name_f]Aya[/name_f] out of the running. I have considered using [name_f]Aylin[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Aya[/name_f] but my husband isn’t really a fan.

@anon68906791 - we use the Turkish pronunciation of [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] (eye-luh). I know that some people pronounce it ay-luh but that’s never been intuitive for me.

2 Likes