Needing Names for Babies #4 and #5!

Oh, [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name] is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous! I love [name]Emma[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] though I think [name]Rose[/name] instead of [name]Ruth[/name] makes it sound a bit more sophisticated and softer. My one repercussion with the GG being [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is the huge difference in popularity. [name]Emma[/name] is #1 and [name]Rose[/name] is EXTREMELY popular as a mn. Pairing it with [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name], which isn’t nearly as popular, might not be the best of ideas. I love [name]Alice[/name] but I don’t really prefer twins to have names starting with the same letter (in this case AA.) I think that maybe you might want to match [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name] with a less popular name. Then again, it might just be me nit-picking at a perfectly beautiful pairing (quite possible. I’m big on details and pointing out itsy-bitsy problems most people would consider irrelevant:)
For boys, I love your choice of [name]Patrick[/name] [name]George[/name]. I personally- as a name- like [name]Ethan[/name] better than [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name] but I think that [name]Jackson[/name] sounds best with [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Bennett[/name]. I love [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name] [name]George[/name] for a BG combination. And I like [name]Patrick[/name] [name]George[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name]------- for a BB combination. [name]Hope[/name] I helped!:wink:

Ladies and gentleman…drum roll please! We are expecting a GIRL and a BOY!!! You heard right, I am 32 weeks pregnant with BG twins!

So, we are 100% committed to [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name] for our daughter, and we were thinking [name]Patrick[/name] [name]George[/name] was definitely going to be her twin brother’s name, but now we are a bit confused! You see, we love the nickname [name]Jack[/name] (from [name]Jackson[/name]) with our other boys, [name]Lucas[/name] “[name]Luke[/name]” and [name]Bennett[/name] “[name]Ben[/name]”! So, should we use [name]Patrick[/name] [name]George[/name] or [name]Jackson[/name] Gates/[name]Bruce[/name]/[name]Neil[/name]?

Please help! I am eager to order monogrammed blankets now that we have decided on knowing the genders! It is a tradition in the [name]Hanley[/name] family for each child to have a baby blanket monogrammed with his or her initials, and with twins, you never know when the babies might arrive! I want to be ready!

Thanks,

[name]Jacqueline[/name], [name]Pete[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Bennett[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], and our BG Twins!

Congratulations!!
I love [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name] and I think it works beautifully with [name]Patrick[/name] [name]George[/name], but I have to admit that out of all the names, I have always thought [name]Jackson[/name] works the best with his siblings, especially for the nickname [name]Jack[/name] ([name]Pat[/name] doesn’t have quite the same ring as [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Ben[/name], does it?). I like [name]Jackson[/name] Gates, and I think it also works with [name]Audrey[/name], so I am going to vote for [name]Jackson[/name].
[name]How[/name] exciting!

Congrats!

I absolutely adore [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name], as I think I’ve already mentioned and [name]Patrick[/name] [name]George[/name] is an amazing combo that goes better with [name]Audrey[/name] than [name]Jackson[/name] does, in my opinion. [name]Patrick[/name] also has the nn [name]Rick[/name] which sounds a lot like [name]Jack[/name] but seems softer and works great with [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Ben[/name].

[name]Do[/name] you have a nn for [name]Audrey[/name]? [name]Sarah[/name] shortens to [name]Sari[/name] or Sars (pronounced different to the disease don’t worry) but I can’t see a pet form of [name]Audrey[/name]…maybe Drey or [name]Rey[/name]

I love [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name] [name]Hanley[/name] and for a boy I would go with [name]Jackson[/name]. I think it works best with your other children”s names. But [name]Patrick[/name] is nice too. For the middle name, I think [name]Bruce[/name] probably flows the best. You could ”modernernize it” a bit into [name]Bryce[/name]. [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Bryce[/name] [name]Hanley[/name] is nice. Congratulations.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name] (so glad you get to use this!) and think [name]Jackson[/name] goes best with [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Bennett[/name]. [name]Patrick[/name] has just never been a favorite of mine, although I can see the appeal.
[name]Lucas[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Bennett[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name] make a very well-named family, imo!
For middles, I like [name]Jackson[/name] Gates [name]Hanley[/name]

Thanks so much for all your help, posters! I have finally convinced [name]Pete[/name] that [name]Jack[/name] sounds much more unified with [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Ben[/name], so we have decided on [name]Jackson[/name] Gates over [name]Patrick[/name] [name]George[/name]. I realized I really couldn’t stand the nicknames [name]Pat[/name] or [name]Rick[/name]!

As for the poster who asked what we’d nickname [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name], with [name]Sarah[/name] we generally call her [name]Sarah[/name], so I imagine it will be similar with [name]Audrey[/name]. However, [name]Bennett[/name] is so young that he often calls her [name]Sari[/name] or Sar (really SarSar), so I’d guess that [name]Audrey[/name] will be shortened over time to [name]Aud[/name] or ReRe (said ree-ree)!

Really, we couldn’t have done this without your excellent suggestions, so thanks so much!

[name]Jacqueline[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Charles[/name], [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Beth[/name], [name]Bennett[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name], and [name]Jackson[/name] Gates [name]Hanley[/name] (who should be here within 2 months!)

[name]Hi[/name]- I’ve come a bit late to this thread. I was just reading through the whole thing and was about to vote for [name]Patrick[/name] [name]George[/name] for your boy twin over [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name] until I saw your last post. If you have already, decided, great but how about the nn Patch or [name]Paddy[/name] for [name]Patrick[/name]?

Okay, so I told my mother and sisters the names we have selected, [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name] Gates, and they loved them, except for one thing. [name]Cate[/name] and Gates sort of rhyme…

Is this a problem? Should we change it to [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Bruce[/name]? [name]Peter[/name], my husband, has also suggested doing [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Pete[/name] after him…

Thanks!

[name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Hanley[/name]

If you do change it, I think [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Bruce[/name] is the right one - although [name]Cate[/name] is also a nickname, [name]Pete[/name] sort of sounds a bit wrong as a name on its own (I love [name]Peter[/name], but I know you want 1 syllable). I don’t mind that [name]Cate[/name] and Gates rhyme a bit - it could be a subtle twinny connection - but if it’s too matchy I’d go for [name]Bruce[/name]. [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Bruce[/name] is very handsome imo.
Hooray! I’m so glad you’ve chosen [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name]!