Nephele

Currently trying to find names that work with my top boy names ([name_m]Romulus[/name_m] and [name_m]Augusto[/name_m]) and I came across [name_f]Nephele[/name_f] (pronounced “NEF-eh-lee”) while finding cloud related names for an honor (she’s apparently the goddess of clouds in Greek mythology and sometimes even a nymph)

The big question however is does it work for a name! Would it get confused or standalone like [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]? Someone mentioned on a differnt site that it was similar to [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], but what our are thoughts, I personally love it but I’m so indecisive and idk if I can picture myself, is it too out there for my name style?

1 Like

I really love [name_f]Nephele[/name_f], and it definitely fits with your other names! Any uncommon name will get mixed up at some point, but I think it’s distinctive enough to work.

1 Like

I think it works as a name. Not too out there compared to [name_m]Romulus[/name_m] and [name_m]Augusto[/name_m]. I can’t see what name would it get mistaken to.

1 Like

Ooh, [name_f]Nephele[/name_f] is light and pretty! I like it! I think it works because it feels similar to the more familiar [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] but it holds its own

1 Like

Nephele is so so pretty! I don’t think it will be confused with [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] at all.

1 Like

Nephele is distinctive and really intriguing! It matches well with [name_m]Romulus[/name_m] and [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]. The pronunciation might not be initially intuitive (I thought it was nef-elle), but people will quickly get used to it.

1 Like

I thought if nef-elle too! But once I saw the actual pronunciation I fell in love! I think it’s under the radar which I love since I’m such a sucker for vetoing popular names

1 Like

Oooh I hadn’t heard [name_f]Nephele[/name_f] before, but it’s so pretty! [name_m]Even[/name_m] the sound of it is light and cloudy!

It does sound a little similar to [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], and it also reminds me of [name_f]Nefertiti[/name_f], but it’s definitely distinctive enough to not get constantly confused with any of them I think.

2 Likes

I think it’s gorgeous. It’s too out there for me, but I think it meshes perfectly with your name style.

It doesn’t seem that similar to [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. It has the similar -lee sounding ending that is popular without sounding like a million other names.

2 Likes