Nesryn Yay or Nay?

Nesryn (Nez-[name_f]Rin[/name_f])[name_m]Just[/name_m] spotted this name apparently in the book series Throne of glass which iv never read. It’s persian and means [name_m]Wild[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].
[name_f]Do[/name_f] we like it or not?

I think it’s quite pretty but I can very quickly go off names.
Everyone’s opinion?

Why not Nesrin? And the s is not a z sound more like [name_f]Bess[/name_f] or [name_f]Tess[/name_f] sound. Not a favorite but usable in my country, most will find it old fashioned.

It has a lot of qualities that I usually like in a name, especially the meaning - [name_m]Wild[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a cool name meaning - but I just can’t quite get behind it. I think it’s the Nez/Nes sound.

I agree with @maerad, there’s something about the Nez/Nes sound that puts me off.

Though the Ness-rin pronunciation is pretty, I think I just find the name visually unappealing as well. Although that’s probably a cultural thing since I haven’t been exposed to certain sounds and syllables enough to find them visually and aurally appealing.

I do really like the meaning.

I have always pronounced it Ness-rin in my head, and I don’t know if I like it pronounced Nez-rin. Otherwise I like it, probably because I really like the character. She’d be a good woman to be named after.

I’ve heard of [name_f]Nasrin[/name_f]. I think it’s a variation of the same name.

I like both but I prefer [name_f]Nasrin[/name_f]

I knew someone named [name_f]Nasrin[/name_f], I believe it was pronounce nas-Reen or [name_m]Nas[/name_m]-rin. I think it’s a nice name.

I vote nay.

I’ve read the series and I always pronounced it ‘NES-rin’ in my head. She’s a pretty bad@ss character but you might want to read the series if you think you’ll use the name. [name_m]Just[/name_m] so you know who people might think of.