Neva-- thoughts?

I was thinking of names that I used to love as a teen and [name]Neva[/name] came up to my mind. :slight_smile: I don’t think it goes well with my other favorites, but I’m trying not to pay so much attention on sibset. What do you berries think? Is it so bad with sister [name]Isabella[/name]?

I think [name]Neva[/name] is a little different in style from [name]Isabella[/name], but I don’t think they clash or sound bad together. [name]How[/name] are you pronouncing [name]Neva[/name]? If it’s Neev-ah, I think that is very pretty. Pronounced this way, I think [name]Neva[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] sound quite mellifluous together, I actually really like them paired and individually. I don’t like naming in “sets” either, you’re not going to be forever paired with your siblings!

However, if pronounced [name]NEV[/name]-ah, it sounds almost indistinguishable from the way people with non-rhotic accents say “never” (non-rhotic accents do not pronounce the letter ‘r’ unless it begins a word or immediately follows a vowel.) To my ears (and, I’d imagine, most people in [name]England[/name], South [name]Africa[/name], Australia, and New Zealand; even, I believe, some parts of the Southern USA) [name]NEV[/name]-ah does not have very pleasant connotations.