Nevaeh and Alexis

What are your thoughts on these two names? These are my bf’s favorite names. I love [name_u]Alexis[/name_u], nn [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]. [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] I’m on the fence about, since it’s not my type of name(I like names like [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] now). Though I do like the sound of [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f]. And can you tell me what yoy think of them individually, as sisters or as combos? Also middle name suggestions for either names, or first names for [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] are welcome!

I’m almost certain I’ll be in the minority here, but I really like [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f]! I like [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] too, but due to the Amazon [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] I feel like wearability’s gone down recently.

2 Likes

I like [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]. It feels fresh yet established. I like the sounds of [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] too and I think they’d make good sisters. I’m not sure of them in a combo though for some reason

Alexis [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_u]Piper[/name_u]

Nevaeh [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

1 Like

Alexis feels a bit dated; it feels a bit 90s cool girl? I actually like the sound of [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f], but it’s a divisive name (and I think it will eventually feel dated to the early 21st century). I think [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] flows well!

2 Likes

I think they conjure different eras in my head - 90s [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and 00s/10s [name_f]Neveah[/name_f]?

They sound fine together though and [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Neveah[/name_f] flows well. Neither name is my style.

1 Like

If you Google “most hated baby names”, [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] often tops the list. While I think it sounds fine, I would hesitate to recommend it because of the stigma. I prefer [name_u]Alexis[/name_u].

1 Like

I really love [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]. I find it quite refreshing and intriguing but I just can’t get behind neveah sorry. I don’t like the spelling it looks clunky and I think it doesn’t sound pretty…it reminds me of the brand Nivea too.

1 Like

^^ I agree with this.

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of either. [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] is dated and was so overused when I was younger that I find it dull. [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] as a full name is much nicer imo. [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] just isn’t a friendly name. I don’t know if I actually mind it or if I’ve been influenced by how other people online feel about it because I hadn’t heard it until I got to name websites, but I absolutely would not want any child of mine to find the comments people say about it.

1 Like

I don’t mind [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]. It does seem a bit dated to me, but it could get a slight revival thanks to the popularity of Schitt’s [name_u]Creek[/name_u]. While [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] is not my style, the name does flow nicely. I actually like [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_u]Blake[/name_u], though that might lean too masculine. Maybe [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] [name_u]Blake[/name_u]? If you like [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], maybe bf would go for [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] nn [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]. I think [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] would be nice too.

1 Like

Alexis isn’t my style I find the name dated and slightly harsh. I would prefer [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] which [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] is a variant of. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is stunning. [name_f]Neveah[/name_f] isn’t my thing and as a dyslexic really really challenging! I don’t see why you wouldn’t just name your child [name_f]Heaven[/name_f]? It’s less corny in my eyes.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]! [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] is also kind of cute.

1 Like

Love [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] but have a strong dislike of [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] just because it’s spelt heaven backwards. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not my thing.

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f].

Alexis [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Norah[/name_f]

1 Like

I absolutely love:
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]