new baby boy...

Hello, we have 4 boys named [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Ashton[/name], and [name]Caden[/name]. I am about due to have another boy any day now and not real sure about a name for the little guy. Here are 3 names that keep coming up and I am wondering what you think:

[name]Breckin[/name] [name]Monroe[/name]
[name]Truman[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Edward[/name]

The middle names are the three options, all family names and can be interchanged with whatever works well.

That’s a lot of boys.

[name]Breckin[/name] [name]Monroe[/name]
[name]Truman[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Edward[/name]

I like all 3 choices with the rest of your sons. Nothing stands out for me as too crazy to work or just a different sort of name. They are also, all 3 different enough from your other boys so his name doesn’t sound too alike with anyone else. Good job! My personal favorite is [name]Owen[/name], but I think they all work. I like the middle names also, right where they are. If I switch them around, things like [name]Breckin[/name] [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Owen[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] or [name]Truman[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] do sound sort of rhyme-y and not as good as where you have them now. [name]Scott[/name] seems to work best with [name]Truman[/name] as well. I like the name [name]Scott[/name] but in some names, I think it sounds like a newscaster personality (I think I’m thinking of “The Office” -US and [name]Michael[/name] [name]Scott[/name] - shoot me if I got the name wrong! I never watch it). I mostly think nobody hears your middle name, so what you like is what’s most important, and I think [name]Scott[/name] works best with [name]Truman[/name]. I also like [name]Edward[/name] with [name]Truman[/name] if you want to try switching things up.

I don’t know how you can choose. Some people wait to see the baby and get an idea which name seems to suit him. I couldn’t tell you one of them was a terrible idea or one of them jumped out at me. I think they all work.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Breckin[/name] [name]Monroe[/name]! What a cool name!!! although I did notice you have son’s with names ending in -an, -en, -in, -on… not wanting to finish the team out with -un? haha. I actually like all three of your choices for this baby though, but [name]Breckin[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] really stuck out!

trueman scott or trueman edward are wonderful.

I was the oldest of 5 girls, not a single brother.

Tough call all 3 names are great and fit with your other boys names.

[name]Truman[/name] or [name]Breckin[/name] would be my picks. [name]Breckin[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] is great.

Personally I like [name]Owen[/name] best with your other boys, it has enough of both the unique feel and classic name trend that I see in your other boys names. [name]Truman[/name] works too, but I love the feel of [name]Owen[/name] with the others. [name]Breckin[/name] concerns me a little because it makes the trend directional rather than unifying. Meaning: more and more unusual with each kid rather than each individual but a sense of similarity and connection. I see [name]Owen[/name] fitting with each of the other names but see [name]Breckin[/name] as fitting far more with [name]Caden[/name] and hardly at all with [name]Ethan[/name]. Perhaps that doesn’t bother you though… [name]Hope[/name] some of my perspective helps, but either way have fun with it and with your boys! I so hope to have lots of boys, they’re so fun.

Funny you mention the -un…I really started my quest looking for something that had a -un ending or formatting something with a -un ending but nothing I could come up with seemed to work or looked right. If you have any ideas let me know!? LOL!

Funny you mention the -un…I really started my quest looking for something that had a -un ending or formatting something with a -un ending but nothing I could come up with seemed to work or looked right. If you have any ideas let me know!? LOL![/quote]

I saw Greysun the other day, but I’m not really a fan of this spelling. Callun (pronounced cal-un, I’ve “seen” it spelled [name]Callen[/name], Callin, [name]Callan[/name], [name]Callon[/name], so why the heck not Callun), Cullun (cuh-lun, normally spelled [name]Cullen[/name])? -UN endings are hard!!! I’ll keep thinking about it. While I definitely prefer [name]Breckin[/name], I think you could probably get away with Breckun, if you really wanted to. It’s not a common name at all so it isn’t like people would be like “oh, cool name, why is is misspelled?” But it does slightly change the pronunciation, and I much prefer the -in pronunciation. I’ll keep thinking :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Truman[/name] and [name]Owen[/name]!

I like [name]Owen[/name] best from your list.
[name]Truman[/name] seems a little too brash somehow, and doesn’t have the same charm as your other boys’ names.
I don’t like [name]Breckin[/name] at all - it’s very trendy and made-up sounding and takes away from the rest of your sons’ names in that the group no longer would feel like classic names that all happen to have an “an” sound at the end but would instead start to feel cutesty and rhyme-y and very contrived.
Some other suggestions:
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]

I vote for [name]Owen[/name]! [name]Owen[/name] [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Owen[/name] [name]Scott[/name]–but not [name]Owen[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] :slight_smile:
Second place imo for [name]Truman[/name]. I love the nn [name]Tru[/name]!
I don’t care for [name]Breckin[/name] as much and it somehow makes the group sound more theme-y rather than just all happen to end in -n. (I think someone else may have mentioned that too).
I would discourage you from changing the spelling of a real name to make it a -un. It calls attention to the theme imo. Unless you can find a name that is naturally spelled that way. But Cullun and Greysun etc aren’t as good as [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Truman[/name] imo.

Definitely [name]Owen[/name] and I love all your other son’s names.

A big vote for [name]Owen[/name].

[name]Owen[/name] has never been a thought before this birth. I was a huge Party of Five fan back in the day! So I never really considered it because it reminded me of the youngest sibling. [name]Breckin[/name], I have loved since I first heard of [name]Breckin[/name] [name]Meyer[/name], the actor. And [name]Truman[/name], not really sure where that one came from! :wink: But right now I am leaning towards [name]Owen[/name]. It means “well born” and I am really wanting an uneventful birth for this child! Thanks very much for everyones input, hopefully when baby arrives he will make it obvious what his name is. Our last did that…we wanted to name him [name]Jaxon[/name] and he did NOT look like a [name]Jaxon[/name]. I’m glad we waited!

I like [name]Owen[/name] the best. It is on our list.