New Crushes - Opinions Please!

Hello lovelies!

I’ve been working on building up a list of new crushes since I’ve been rather uninspired by my lists over the past year or so. I could use some opinions on these, if you’re willing to give them. :heart:

Ambrose
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_m]Balfour[/name_m] (is the nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u] here totally insane?!)
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]
[name_m]Barzillai[/name_m] (I know, I know, I know. He’s crazy, and zany, and weird, but I really can’t shake him and love the ties to the Biblical one as well as [name_m]Barzillai[/name_m] [name_m]Lew[/name_m].)
Bingley
[name_u]Bridger[/name_u]
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Drury[/name_m] (a family name!)
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] ([name_u]Finlay[/name_u]?)
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] (very unlikely to get used, but I do adore him so!)
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_u]Porter[/name_u]
[name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]
[name_m]Sumner[/name_m]
[name_u]Walker[/name_u]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Whittaker[/name_m]
[name_m]Zephan[/name_m]

And any names like these that you think I’d like and would work well with [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], [name_m]Reef[/name_m], [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], [name_u]Augustine[/name_u], [name_u]Aquila[/name_u], [name_m]Eoghan[/name_m], [name_u]Auden[/name_u], [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m], [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], etc.?

Thanks, berries!

1 Like

Love [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], [name_u]Finlay[/name_u], [name_u]Walker[/name_u] & [name_m]Wells[/name_m].

Finlay [name_m]Eoghan[/name_m] would be so handsome!

1 Like

Ambrose - this is a new love of mine! I love the look and sound. There’s also something magical and whimsical about it that I really like.
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] - [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] is cute, but it does feel a tiny bit dated to the early 2000s to me. I also think it lacks that special something your other names have. It is nice though!
[name_m]Balfour[/name_m] - oh, this is a name I’ve never considered! I like the sound of it. It sounds like the name of a character in an 80s fantasy film, which is making me really like it. It’s a very interesting, unexpected name, which is great! I don’t think [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is insane at all, it is actually pretty clever! It isnt the most expected nickname, but it can definitely work!
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] - this is on my list too. I think it’s clunky in a cuddly way, it’s just one of those sweet, warm names. It makes me smile every time I see it! I personally would only use it as a middle though, because unfortunately I think a [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] would ultimately get nicknamed [name_m]Barney[/name_m] which is a name I’m not a fan of.
[name_m]Barzillai[/name_m] - this name reminds me of a name I love a lot: [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]! I think for that reason, I do like it. It’s definitely a brave choice, but doesn’t feel completely unusable to me. I love the possibility for nickname [name_m]Baz[/name_m] too!
Bingley - this is a very cute name. It does feel a bit trendy to me though.
[name_u]Bridger[/name_u] - I like [name_u]Bridger[/name_u]! I just really like the way it sounds. It feels completely on trend too.
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] - I have a soft spot for [name_m]Cullen[/name_m]. It’s just so soft and gentle. I do think if you were to use it, you would get some Twilight comments though.
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] - [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] is a name that I want to love, but I just don’t. I prefer [name_m]Ciro[/name_m] and [name_f]Cyra[/name_f]!
[name_m]Drury[/name_m] - I went to school with brothers with this last name, so it does feel strongly like a surname to me. I do like that it’s a family name for you though! Also love the meaning!
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] - I love [name_u]Finley[/name_u] so much! It’s so sweet, and nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is so cute. I personally prefer [name_u]Finley[/name_u] to [name_u]Finlay[/name_u].
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] - a very strong, brave name. I like nicknames [name_m]Iggy[/name_m] and [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u]! I personally prefer [name_m]Inigo[/name_m] myself. (There’s also [name_m]Ignacio[/name_m], I have a cousin with it as a middle name!)
[name_m]Joel[/name_m] - I grew up with a lot of boys named [name_m]Joel[/name_m], so it does feel too overused to me, I’m sorry. I also only like the ‘jole’ pronunciation (rhymes with pole), and a lot of people pronounce it jo-ell, which I’m not personally a fan of.
[name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] - a very grand name. It isn’t my favorite ‘[name_u]Max[/name_u]’ name, but it is nice!
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - I love [name_m]Peter[/name_m]!! It’s handsome, sweet but also brave, and literary. I like that it’s also a very familiar name, but not so common!
[name_u]Porter[/name_u] - [name_u]Porter[/name_u] isn’t my style, but I do think it’s a nice name. I like the way it sounds!
[name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] - I love [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]! I do prefer the [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] spelling myself, but I do love the [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] sisters association with [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]. I also really love nn [name_u]Sky[/name_u]!
[name_m]Sumner[/name_m] - [name_m]Sumner[/name_m] isn’t my favorite, I’m sorry. It just sounds like ‘summoner’ to me. I prefer [name_f]Summer[/name_f]!
[name_u]Walker[/name_u] - [name_u]Walker[/name_u] is nice! It gives off adventurous, southern vibes to me.
[name_m]Wells[/name_m] - [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is one of my most favorite names! I love that it’s extremely sweet, but also strong at the same time. It’s also familiar, yet uncommon which is great.
[name_m]Whittaker[/name_m] - [name_m]Whittaker[/name_m] is nice, and I do love nn [name_u]Whit[/name_u]/Witt. It reminds me too much of [name_u]Forest[/name_u] [name_m]Whitaker[/name_m] though, so it isn’t my favorite. I prefer [name_m]Whitman[/name_m] or Whittier!
[name_m]Zephan[/name_m] - such a zippy, cool name! I really like it!! You may also like [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], [name_m]Zephran[/name_m], or [name_m]Zephyrus[/name_m]!

Such a great list!! :blush:

I love [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Balfour[/name_m] (I think [name_u]Rory[/name_u] could work!), [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m], [name_m]Barzillai[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Drury[/name_m], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_m]Joel[/name_m], [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m], and [name_m]Peter[/name_m]!

Some of these aren’t my style but they’re all handsome choices. The only one I wouldn’t use is [name_u]Walker[/name_u], since it is a common [name_f]English[/name_f] word (I think of the balance tool) and more unusual than most of the word names.

Do you like [name_u]Basil[/name_u]/Bazyli (Polish variant) ? I always think of these names when I see [name_m]Barzillai[/name_m]. And [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]Basil[/name_u] is a great namesake!

Hi there.

I don’t think my tastes are as adventurous as your’s, but I’ll do my best!

Ambrose-I don’t mind this at all. It’s different, yet simple & well known. I think it’s just a little heavy. It reminds me of [name_u]Amos[/name_u], which I really like. And I do like the idea of [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] nn [name_m]Abe[/name_m].

Bailey-I think that it sounds lovely for a boy, but it’s too popular for girls to consider I’d imagine.

Balfour-Hm. This doesn’t have the most name-ish sound to me. I guess [name_u]Rory[/name_u] could work as a nn?

Barzillai-This would probably be a spelling & pronunciation headache.

Bingley-Hah, reminds me of [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] [name_m]Bing[/name_m]. Sounds a bit goofy.

Bridger-It’s not awful, but I don’t love it. I think I’d prefer just [name_m]Bridge[/name_m]. Sounds sleeker.

Cullen-Aw, that’s lovely. Handsome, soft but a little sporty. Fairly simple but also pretty unique.

Drury-It reminds me of the hotel chain. I don’t care for it, but maybe as a mn.

Finley/Finlay-I love it! I hope that it’s not going to way of [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], but it may be. I prefer [name_u]Finlay[/name_u]. I think it’s just charming for a boy. Smart, witty & just lovable.

Ignatius-You could use it! I know one! Well, I know of one. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister has an acquaintance with a son called this. Siblings are brother El1sh@ & sister Ph0ebe. I think it’s really neat. And I love [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] nn [name_u]Gus[/name_u].

Joel-This is nice. Soft yet masculine. Simple but not popular. Classic & has a serene vibe.

Maximilian-I don’t mind it. I do really love the peppy friendly [name_u]Max[/name_u]. I kind of like [name_m]Massimo[/name_m] nn [name_u]Max[/name_u] best!

Peter-A very handsome classic that you honestly don’t hear much on little tykes. I love [name_m]Peter[/name_m] nn Patch.

Porter-I don’t care for this one as much. Feels too modern for my tastes.

Schuyler-Yes, sooo beautiful. But still boyish! I’d be hesitant to use it, since [name_u]Skyler[/name_u] is a little trendy for girls.

Sumner-I think that this would just get mistaken for [name_f]Summer[/name_f] a lot.

Walker-This is okay. It doesn’t do much for me, but it’s not bad. And I know a sweet little boy called this too, but still don’t love it.

Wells-It’s not bad. I kind of like it as a nn for [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]. Or even [name_m]William[/name_m]?

Whittaker-[name_u]Whit[/name_u] is adorable! But I really prefer [name_m]Whitman[/name_m]. [name_m]Whittaker[/name_m] is a little too much for me.

Zephan-Hm. That’s a bit odd. Doesn’t sound that pleasant in my opinion.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Bingley, [name_m]Sumner[/name_m], and [name_m]Zephan[/name_m] are intriguing choices.
I think I’d go with Bingley.

My favourites are [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Cullen[/name_m], [name_u]Finley[/name_u]/Finlay, [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] & [name_m]Zephan[/name_m].

Love [name_u]Porter[/name_u], [name_u]Walker[/name_u], [name_m]Whittaker[/name_m], [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] and [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]!

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] -love the meaning and bold feel
Bailey-quite nice and soft
Balfour -Im sorry but it remimds me a bit of vomiting for some reason
Barnabas -handsome, cheeky and sweet
[name_m]Barzillai[/name_m] - I like it as a middle
Lew- i met a [name_m]Lew[/name_m] recently. There’s something rugged yet gentle about it
Bingley -it has a cool buzzy sound
Bridger - quite nice and unexpected
Cullen -i do think of [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] but that doesn’t put me off! It sounds deep and interesting
Cyrus -sunny and sweet
Drury -it reminds me a bit of dreary but its quite nice
Finley (Finlay -love the sweet [name_u]Finley[/name_u]
Ignatius-bold and bright
Joel- underused and charming
Maximilian -handsome and regal
Peter -simple and sweet
Porter -I kind of like it
Schuyler -i find it looks so awkward
Sumner-soft yet grand
Walker -it’s okay
Wells -charming and handsome
Whittaker -witty, sharp and cool
Zephan-love the sounds

1 Like

Bingley is cute! Have you considered [name_m]Bingham[/name_m]? I actually made a post about the nn [name_m]Bing[/name_m].

Drury!! I love when people use family names, especially when they are unique!