New found love!

Today I fell in love with the name [name]Opal[/name]! What do you guys think? It came about because I was thinking how cute the nickname “[name]Polly[/name]” is and was trying to come up with a formal name to go with it. [name]Penelope[/name] is still on the table… but I worry about the popularity factor. I think [name]Opal[/name] is cute and kind of spunky.

What do you guys think? She would be a sister to [name]Felix[/name]. Also, any great middle name suggestions? I was thinking something long and romantic…

I’ve always loved [name]Opal[/name]! I came across it in a story once and have loved it ever since. When I was a teenager I was slightly obsessed with [name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Opal[/name] as a double barrel, I’m not sure why, haha. It’s my sister’s and grandmother’s birthstone, so that adds a layer of love to it for me, too. I think [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Opal[/name] would be quite cute together. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I really like it. I know a woman who just named her baby [name]Opal[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. I think it’s a great name that can be revived. Good luck!

It’s not a name I really like, but it is cute, works well with [name]Felix[/name], and I love the nn [name]Polly[/name]

Like a lot :slight_smile: and cute nn

[name]Opal[/name] is gorgeous!

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Brinley[/name]

I love [name]Opal[/name]! I think is very cool, vintage and would be great on a little girl or older woman. Plus it is great with [name]Felix[/name]. I wouldn’t have minded using it myself, but my husband’s last name starts with [name]Opal[/name]. That would not be cute! :slight_smile:

[name]Opal[/name] still feels a little old to me, but I’m probably just behind the trend. I think [name]Polly[/name] is adorable!

I think the sound itself is pretty silly, though the feeling/imagery is nice. OOpuhl just isn’t an attractive sound to me though.

love, love, love it.

I’ve loved [name]Opal[/name] for the longest. I don’t know why it hasn’t gotten more use. Never thought of [name]Polly[/name] as a nn but it could work!

I’ve always been partial to [name]Opal[/name]. And it sounds perfect with [name]Felix[/name]! I’d use a frilly, ends-with-a middle name with it.

nice choice with [name]Opal[/name], goes well nicely with [name]Felix[/name]!

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]

Thanks guys! paytonnicole~ I really like [name]Opal[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]! And [name]Opal[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] is also really pretty, isabellemarie :slight_smile:

I feel like if we went with [name]Opal[/name] we wouldn’t really need a nickname…except we love the nickname [name]Polly[/name]! Hmmm…

I like it.

I love [name]Opal[/name]!

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Adelia[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Dianthe[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Amira[/name]
Opal Athena
Opal Rhiannon
Opal Seraphine
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Jacinda[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Eugenia[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Carina[/name]/[name]Opal[/name] [name]Karina[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]

I love the suggestion of [name]Opal[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Opal[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] and [name]Opal[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]. [name]Opal[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] is also very pretty. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] the little girl in Because of [name]Winn[/name]-[name]Dixie[/name] named [name]Opal[/name], smart, fun, spunky!

I think it’s a good choice. Simple and pretty, and goes well with [name]Felix[/name].

I adore [name]Opal[/name] :slight_smile: