New here looking for some fresh ideas!

Hello ladies! I’m a regular over at The Bump baby names board, but I hate to pester them all the time, so I’m looking for some new baby naming “buddies” and some fresh ideas over here!

A little background, and then I’ll let you ladies do what you do best.

In 2010, my first daughter, [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Noelle[/name], was stillborn on Halloween. Her first name was always going to be [name]Celeste[/name], but we changed her middle name once we found out she was stillborn. It fit the situation better…
In 2011, my second daughter, [name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Corinne[/name], was born on [name]October[/name] 27 (yes, 361 days later!:D)

We’re now starting to TTC our last baby and we’re starting to toss around baby names. You see the names we’ve picked so far. A few parameters that we have to work around…our last name ends in an “e” sound, so nothing like [name]Avery[/name], [name]Brittany[/name], etc. (Sounds too “valley girl” for my taste LOL). For a girl, we’d like to use the middle name “[name]Celeste[/name]” in honor of our first daughter. It didn’t really occur to us to do that when [name]Sabrina[/name] was born, but if it’s another girl, we’d like to do it this time. And my husband isn’t huge on obvious nicknames. So we try to stay away from those names. Anyway, looking for some girl and boy ideas that sound good with our little girl’s name!! Give me some good ones to take home ladies!!

[name]TIA[/name]! And I’m looking forward to getting to know you all here!

I’m very sorry for the loss you suffered, I can’t imagine what you went through. As for naming your 3rd daughter to honor your 1st deceased child, I find a little weird. I personally would not do it, I feel like it puts to much significance on your third daughter. This leaves [name]Sabrina[/name] out, and makes it so daughter #3 might feel the need to “live up to the name” if that makes any sense?

As for a name that goes with [name]Sabrina[/name], I think [name]Sabrina[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] is a lovely combo. Best of luck.

Terribly sorry to hear about your loss, and welcome to Nameberry! I used to be a The Bump member, then I came here. MUCH better imo. :smiley: [name]Hope[/name] you enjoy it as much as I have.

I advise against using [name]Celeste[/name] in the middle for your next possible daughter, I personally would feel a bit off having the name of my stillborn sister. I’d feel like I’m a “replacement” child, and that my parents see her in me, rather than just me.

I think keeping a C theme is nice. [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Corrine[/name], and then another C first or middle for your next one. :slight_smile:

Ideas:
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]

I am so sorry for your loss.
To go with [name]Celeste[/name] as a middle I might choose:
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Gillian[/name]
[name]Moira[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Gloria[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]

I’m sorry to hear about your loss but I agree with previous posters. I wouldn’t name your new daughter after your deceased daughter because I think it would make the younger girl feel like she was just a replacement. Also, whenever your family and friends heard her full name, it could remind them of your stillborn daughter and I think that’s an awful big burden for a child to bear.

As for names tat go with [name]Sabrina[/name], I would recommend:
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]/[name]Juliana[/name]

I love pansy’s suggestion of [name]Natalie[/name]!

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]

Or if you didn’t want to use [name]Celeste[/name] so obviously, what about [name]Celestia[/name], [name]Cecelia[/name], [name]Celia[/name] or something that follows the same ‘heavenly/sky’ meaning [name]Leilani[/name], [name]Mina[/name], [name]Selena[/name], [name]Dawn[/name], [name]Diana[/name], [name]Leia[/name] etc

[name]Celestia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (I dont usually like [name]Grace[/name] in the middle but I think it works here)
[name]Leilani[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Selena[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Dawn[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

I really like [name]Tabitha[/name], but [name]Tabitha[/name] and [name]Sabrina[/name] might be a bit ‘witchy’

After thinking about what you all have said, I agree I don’t want to use [name]Celeste[/name] as a middle name, although I really do love it. sigh Ok, starting fresh. I think I’ll post a thread in boys section and in the girls section. Thanks for the tips ladies…you’ve been really helpful!

I am really sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter as well, her name was Serenity, she was still born in 2011. I have considered giving my next child, if it is a girl, the middle name Serenity. But I decided not to for some of the same reasons others mentioned. Also, I feel like it might bring her bad luck.

How about something that has a similar meaning to Celeste to honor her. Celia, Selena, Selene, Celine, Celina, Talia, Juno, Astra?

If not then I would go with another S sounding name since Sabrina and Celeste fit that theme.
Sienna, Sierra, Seraphina, Sage, Savannah, Samantha, Sylvia, Solange, Sophia?
Sebastian, Sawyer, Sullivan, Sam, Seth?

Btw, it used to be absolutely normal and expected to name a child after a deceased sibling. Back when infant and childhood mortality were so high and when nearly every family lost at least one child, it was seen as a memorial to the one who didn’t make it-- keeping their memory alive in a culture with few material mementos (clothing, toys) and certainly without photographs. So if you would like to use [name]Celeste[/name], know that it is both very beautiful and in keeping with Western cultural tradition for hundreds of years, if not millennia.

You seem to prefer delicate, feminine but serious names. For girls:

[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Sandrine[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Noemie[/name] (close to [name]Celeste[/name]'s middle name)

Boys, I would stay away from “S” since that’s [name]Sabrina[/name]'s first name. There were several popes called [name]Celestine[/name] but nowadays it’s waaaayy too feminine for a boy. Perhaps choose an initial (like a C-N combo) instead?

[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]

C-N:
[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Cassian[/name]
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]