New ideas/ fresh suggestions

I’m looking to broaden my horizons and expand my list! I’m hoping to get tons of suggestions of names that you find to fit my preferences. I guess you could say I have the “berry” style, in the sense that I like a lot of the names popular on Nameberry. I’m a sucker for vintage classics, literary names, florals, basically names that incorporate history, weight, and style. I’d love to hear what names come to mind in particular. Thank you for the help!

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Araminta[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]/[name_f]Louise[/name_f]/etc.
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Corisande[/name_f]
[name_f]Melisande[/name_f]

Good luck!

Vintage-Florals-Style I can list my favorites or some I think you may like:

[name_f]Olympia[/name_f], [name_f]Ora[/name_f], [name_f]Oriana[/name_f]

[name_f]Cypress[/name_f] or [name_m]Cyprus[/name_m] for a boy -[name_f]Coral[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_f]Columbia[/name_f]

[name_u]Oakley[/name_u], Oaklyn, or Oakland

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], [name_f]Giada[/name_f], Graceland

[name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Nadia[/name_f], [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_f]Neve[/name_f]

[name_f]Junia[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_u]Juneau[/name_u], [name_u]Julianne[/name_u], [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]

[name_u]Ivory[/name_u], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Ebony[/name_f], [name_u]Emery[/name_u], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f]

[name_f]Soleil[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_f]Aura[/name_f], [name_f]Aurielle[/name_f], [name_f]Emerald[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_m]Quartz[/name_m](I’d only consider this for a middle or second middle name)

[name_f]Garnet[/name_f], [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], [name_f]Josephina[/name_f]

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_u]August[/name_u] or [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Melody[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f], [name_u]Jay[/name_u], [name_f]Lark[/name_f]

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Orchid[/name_f], [name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f], [name_u]Dominique[/name_u], [name_f]Raquel[/name_f], [name_u]Silver[/name_u], & [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u], Demaris

It’s hard for me to suggest names based on culture no matter if it’s literature or history or whatever, because everyone experiences culture differently and I think the cultural names you pick should be personal to you. Still here are some names I think you will like that have culture and meaning for me and I could see you liking.

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] For me it’s a family name. (many different members) It has many different associations~ Saints and royalty. [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] 2’s sister. The youngest of Dashwood girls in Sense and Sensibility (her older sisters are [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]) and [name_f]Meg[/name_f]'s real name in [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. This name has plenty of nicknames to recommend to go with it. The [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] I know best uses the full name entirely.

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] This name is of course most famous for being the little girl in the [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] of [name_m]Oz[/name_m]. I love this name. There is also a saint named [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] who is an early [name_m]Christian[/name_m] martyr.

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] A very simple but beautiful name. It’s a non-flowery plant name. I love that [name_f]Fern[/name_f] was the little girl in [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]'s [name_m]Web[/name_m]. I think it’s sweet and could go either in the first name slot or the middle.

[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] The masculine [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is very popular, but I think this feminine form is spunky and underused. In E. [name_m]Nesbit[/name_m]'s The Railway Children, the main character is named [name_m]Robert[/name_m]. Nicknames include Birdy or [name_u]Bobbie[/name_u] which are spunky and cute.

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] is an old lady name that is now fresh again. The nickname [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is cute. [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is a name of various first ladies including the second Mrs. [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] and [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m] ([name_u]Teddy[/name_u]'s wife.) [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_m]Wharton[/name_m] and [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_m]Nesbit[/name_m] are both authors. It’s really classy and will sound dignified on an adult.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is classic name, with The Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f], I [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] all classic associations. I like it on it’s own or as a nickname for [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Lucille[/name_f], [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f], etc.

[name_u]Jean[/name_u] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]'s real name in To Kill A Mockingbird. I think the nickname [name_f]Jeanie[/name_f] is adorable. It makes me of an old tv show As Time Goes By. I think it’s really sleek and works on a woman or a little girl.

[name_f]Antonia[/name_f] This seems a stylish name. It reminds me of the book My [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] by [name_f]Willa[/name_f] Cather. I like the nickname [name_f]Toni[/name_f].

[name_f]Anne[/name_f] It may seem plan, but I love this one. It makes of various people in history. I like the literary characters associated the name [name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] of Persuasion and [name_f]Anne[/name_f] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables. [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is not exciting as a middle name, but lovely as a first name.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] In mythology she was a nymph chased by [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Du[/name_f] Maurier is a famous writer whom I enjoy. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is also a member of the Scooby Doo gang.

[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] A main character in the bible. Also [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] of Sunnybrook Farm. A dramatic name with the less dramatic nicknames [name_f]Becky[/name_f] and [name_f]Becca[/name_f].

I hope this isn’t too much information.
Best wishes!