New moms

Continue your nameberry friendships with other new moms.

Oh my goodness!!! I’m so excited you made this forum!

I don’t know if I’m a new mom or an experienced mom, I have a 14 month old.

What a great Idea!

I’m also wondering when does a new mum become an experienced mum, I have an 11 month old.

I’m not sure either! I know a lot of new moms continue to visit nameberry after giving birth because of the community they’ve found here. But then I thought that not ONLY new moms come to nameberry, but women with children older than infants.

I’m sure there are a lot of other groups to be created as more people discover this new forum.

What about posts by age groups? Would that help clear up confusion? Maybe something like newborn to 6 months, 6 months to 1 year, 1 year to 18 months, toddlers (2-3?) Big Kids (5-8) & 9+? I’ve seen it done like that elsewhere, and it seems to work out well. Or, maybe a thread by birth year? So there’d be a a thread for maybe 2003 & earlier or something, then a thread for each year after?

What a great idea! I consider myself a new mom, even though I have a 13.5 month old. Probably because I still feel like I don’t know what I’m doing some days :slight_smile:

I am DEFINITELY a new Mom! [name]Lucia[/name] will be 4 months next week!

Maybe we want to tell a little bit about where our kids are at developmentally? And then maybe post a question we have so other moms with kids older than our can help?

I’ll Start:

[name]Lucia[/name] is rolling over now from tummy to back. She also can sit up in the bumbo and loves to stand on your lap when you hold her. She is also grasping toys well now and has gotten pretty good control over her hands. She also LOVES to babble and has moved away from the vowel sounds (baaaaaa) to more consonents (bbbbwabbbwabb) LOL.

I am still nursing (well pumping, she will only take the bottle now that she’s in daycare) and she takes about 6oz 6 times a day. We are excited to start rice cereal after her 4mo appt [name]May[/name] 3rd.

Question: A month ago [name]Lucia[/name] was sleeping from 10pm to 6am so I know she can do it without getting hungry, but lately (after an ear infection last week) she has been waking up at 4am like clockwork. I try to rock her and hold her off eating until after 5 so she doesn’t get into the habit of eating so early but she’s still waking tat 4 or 4:30 every morning. Anyone have any tips for how to break the habit and get her back to her 6am waking times?

[name]Erin[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] sound adorable! I won’t be much help in the sleep department. [name]Dash[/name] is 14 months and still sleeps with me for half the night! All I can say is to be happy, because she is sleeping VERY well for her age and she will only get better. I think you’re doing the right thing, holding off on feeding until as late as possible. She will get the hang of it eventually. This is one of those situations that requires much patience!

This morning I actually had to wake her up at 645!!! YAY!!!

Woah! Good for you!

[name]Elinor[/name], nice idea on the age groups. Can you moms decide how they should be divided and perhaps create new topics accordingly? I guess having a 10 month old is [name]WAY[/name] different from having a 1 month old…

[name]How[/name] about activities rather than ages? Like:
Newborns
Crawlers
Walkers
Pre-school
School-aged

Etc?

Oh God, i’m not a new momma …
but i’m not a experienced momma …
so i’m in the middle …

My Girls are 6 , 3 1/2 and 17 month-old !?
What i’m gonna write ?
So i have at home a pre-school , a some months to get in pre-school and a walker at home.

I’m loving it, it’s a really wonderful experience and really really fun moment in my life . Although it’s hard . [name]Imagine[/name] you going to the Ballet Class with 3 little girls. it’s terrible . i must say it , god please give we women 4 arms, cause 2 aren’t sufficient . thanks ladies !

Thanks for the information.
Its not new group, I think. Its “second” group. Not basic.

M.Aliychuk has not made decision about leaving from gymnastics.

Im nit even a mom yet. but i am preggers. Im 17. could you guys help me out a little? please? thnx