New Name Crushes

I am not sure if I will add any o them to my list or not but they are some pretty huge name crushes for me right now. WDYT of them, feel free to give honest opinions if you like them or not.

[name]Paisley[/name]
[name]Kimberly[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name] - I have never read or seen the Hunger Games so I don’t care about the reference but does this make it feel trendy to you?
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]

[name]Paisley[/name] - I actually like this a lot… my mom made me a pair of [name]Paisley[/name] pajamas one [name]Christmas[/name], so it makes me think of that, haha. I have heard a lot of people say that it’s really trendy and won’t age well, though, so I probably wouldn’t use it personally. I do think it’s really cute, though, and [name]Bellamy[/name] and [name]Paisley[/name] work really well together imo.

[name]Kimberly[/name] - wow, really? I didn’t expect to see this on your list for some reason. It feels really dated to me, but that may be because the only [name]Kimberly[/name] I know is almost my mom’s age.

[name]Lavinia[/name] - I just started reading The Hunger Games so the association is still lost on me. It seems to be garnering more and more attention but I prefer the similar-sounding [name]Olivia[/name]. [name]Lavinia[/name] still feels quite old-fashioned for me. For some reason it reminds me of my great-grandma’s name, Lavantia [name]Elmira[/name] (luh-[name]VAN[/name]-chuh el-MY-rah). That always sounded like the epitome of old-lady to me, haha. I do like [name]Lavinia[/name] a lot more, though…

[name]Rosa[/name] - nope, sorry. I just don’t like the [name]Rose[/name] names! I do like [name]Rosalie[/name] a lot, thouh.

[name]Bethany[/name] - so cute! I’ve heard it’s dated but I don’t see it. I knew two Bethanys growing up–one was in my high school class and the other was my best friend’s baby sister. She was so cute–shy, a bit bookish, sweet, an adorable little charmer smile. I used to love [name]Bethany[/name] because of her, and I still like it a lot. [name]Bethany[/name] is very sweet and still completely usable, imo!

[name]Bethany[/name] and [name]Paisley[/name] are my favorites!

[name]Paisley[/name] - I personally can’t stand this name. Sorry if this sounds rude. I don’t like it, it’s lumped together with Pistol and [name]Peyton[/name] for me.

[name]Kimberly[/name] - I like this one a lot. Especially the nn [name]Kimber[/name], [name]Berry[/name], or even Kimberberry. I considered this for myself. But I’m so not a [name]Kimberly[/name].

[name]Lavinia[/name] - It makes me think of my grandmother because her name is Levene. It’s not trendy persay, but it’s modern seeming to me for sure.

[name]Rosa[/name] - I so prefer this over [name]Rose[/name]. I like [name]Rose[/name], but it’s overkill to me now.

[name]Bethany[/name] - It takes me back to my soccer playing, middle school days. It’s not a bad name at all. The nn of [name]Beth[/name] would make it familiar and a nice tribute to a [name]Elizabeth[/name].

[name]Isla[/name] - Pretty name, but the fact that it’s not said how it looks, bothers me. I know it’s a legitimate name, but the pronunciation difference makes it irksome to use.

[name]Just[/name] noticed you added [name]Isla[/name]–I really like its lilting sound and I think it looks gorgeous, but something always holds me back. I guess I can’t really see it on a little girl, but I do think it is quite stunning! I think it fits really well with your other favorites, especially [name]Clara[/name]. [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Lila[/name] obviously wouldn’t work together, though.

[name]Paisley[/name] - I know a [name]Paisley[/name], she goes by Pais generally, and she wears it well. This name isn’t my style personally, but I do like it for someone else.

[name]Kimberly[/name] - This is Me! [name]Kimberly[/name], even spelled the same way. While I do agree it feels dated, (I believe it was most popular in the 70’s, but I’m a late 80’s baby :slight_smile: ) I have loved my name, other than people constantly trying to spell it wrong ([name]Kimberly[/name] with a C? Whatt??) I get lots of nicknames, [name]Kim[/name], [name]Kimmy[/name], Kibby etc I would completely recommend this name to anyone for themselves (east93! or a baby!)

[name]Lavinia[/name] - I think this one feels like it fits in with the other names I’m seeing tossed about lately, a [name]Little[/name] [name]Lavinia[/name], or [name]Liv[/name] for a superb nickname, would fit right in in many of todays classrooms.
[name]Rosa[/name] - Strongly prefer just [name]Rose[/name], or [name]Rosalie[/name], but not [name]Rosa[/name]. To be completely honest, and hoping to not offend anyone, it reminds me of a Hispanic maid, possibly one I saw on TV or a movie. So many nicer [name]Rosie[/name] names out there!
[name]Bethany[/name] - I dislike [name]Bethany[/name] to be honest, it just sounds clunky and reminds me of the name [name]Stephanie[/name], which I also dislike.
[name]Isla[/name] - I think this is pretty, but it’s NMS

[name]Paisley[/name] - I really dislike this name
[name]Kimberly[/name] - I could see this being a great name, I’m getting past old associations I had with it
[name]Lavinia[/name] - NOOOO! This is on my list too and I didn’t realize it was in Hunger Games! I’m so sad now. I also wonder if it will seem trendy…I hope not, but it looks like that movie is all the rage now. Was she a major character?
[name]Rosa[/name] - my mom’s name, but I think it’s way better than [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name] - very nice, really like it
[name]Isla[/name] - like it a lot

I love [name]Bethany[/name], [name]Lavinia[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name] - liked [name]Lavinia[/name] before I even knew what the Hunger Games was, to be honest! I don’t know if it’s going to become trendy or not, but I think it’s beautiful. [name]Rosa[/name] is very classy. [name]Bethany[/name]'s an underused twist on [name]Beth[/name] and I like it a lot.

Although I like [name]Isla[/name], it’s leaping up the charts every year and I don’t think I could use it. [name]Kimberly[/name] feels very 1970s to me, and I can’t stand the name [name]Paisley[/name].

[name]Paisley[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like this name at all…can’t imagine anyone that it would suit.
[name]Kimberly[/name] - All the Kimberlys I know are very annoying and/or rude. So thats how the name feels to me!
[name]Lavinia[/name] - Its OK…theres a popular and pretty TV host with that name where I live. However, [name]Lavinia[/name] is the name of the bully in 'A little princess’s and its a big name for a little girl to wear.
[name]Rosa[/name] - lovely, makes it different to the often used [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name] - I love the name [name]Beth[/name] but can’t use it because of my last name…[name]Bethany[/name] is climbing on my list for that reason. [name]Lovely[/name] on a little girl and an adult.
[name]Isla[/name] - lovely, lilting and pretty.

[name]Paisley[/name] – I really don’t like this one. It just doesn’t sound very nice to me.
[name]Kimberly[/name] – [name]Love[/name] [name]Kimberly[/name]. I love the nickname [name]Kimber[/name], which makes it feel spunky and fresh.
[name]Lavinia[/name] – I’ve read the Hunger Games and I can’t remember this character. In any case, Hunger Games isn’t going to be popular forever and I doubt [name]Lavinia[/name] will be trendy. I’ve been seeing these kinds of names (the old names and the ancient sounding names) getting tossed around a lot so I’m sure she’d fit in. [name]Liv[/name] is a nice solid nickname, I would probably call her [name]Vinni[/name]/[name]Vinny[/name].
[name]Rosa[/name] – very pretty and classic
[name]Bethany[/name] – [name]Love[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] too, and [name]Beth[/name] is a very pretty nickname
[name]Isla[/name] – I really dislike [name]Isla[/name] and I’m sure I’m in the minority. I keep trying to pronounce it is-luh instead of how I know it’s suppose to be said. I have to imagine other people do it too.

I grouped these names in pairs cause to me it seems like these pairs really go together, but as a group they’re so different…

[name]Paisley[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
This pair I can’t picture on anyone over the age of 5. I like [name]Isla[/name], but strongly dislike [name]Paisley[/name]. [name]Both[/name] have a trendy feel, but [name]Isla[/name] much less so.

[name]Kimberly[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
These are names that I grew up with and even my mom grew up with, but not quite ‘classics’, just familiar old friends. I don’t have strong feelings towards either of them, but I prefer [name]Bethany[/name] slightly cause it feels softer and more feminine, plus I’m not a fan of nn [name]Kim[/name].

[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name]
These are beautiful. My favorites of the group. Slightly exotic and gorgeous. Never read Hunger Games so [name]Lavinia[/name] is [name]Shakespeare[/name] to me. I love this pair tons more than the rest!

Thanks ladies!! [name]Isla[/name] is out! I am not sure who I feel about [name]Kimberly[/name] and [name]Bethany[/name], I love them, but I know they are awfully dated so I don’t know about that. I am really starting to love [name]Lavinia[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name] @ashthedreamer I like [name]Rosalie[/name] as well! I love [name]Paisley[/name] as well, I worry about it aging well but I still love it. I think it is more of a love it or hate it kind of name. It does not seem to be getting much love here but everyone else I have mentioned it, it gets a wonderful response.

I like all of them except for [name]Kimberly[/name]. [name]Kim[/name]/[name]Kimberly[/name] is the name of every women in her late 30s early 40s, at least in my area it is.