New name for mastiff puppy

We are currently in a “trial period” with a Mastiff mix puppy who sort of fell into our laps. His current name is [name_m]Samson[/name_m], which is ok, but we’re considering changing it if he works out well with our family and stays. So what do you think? Keep [name_m]Samson[/name_m] or change to one of our other possibilities? We currently have two golden retrievers, [name_u]Finley[/name_u] and [name_u]Fable[/name_u].

Photo for reference:
Attach41420_20200703_171157|375x500

Note: I do realize he may not take to a new name and we could be stuck with [name_m]Samson[/name_m] either way. Which is fine.

• Keep [name_m]Samson[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Zeus[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Ajax[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Moose[/name_m]

0 voters

Moose is so cute so I voted for that one! But my second choice would be to keep [name_m]Samson[/name_m] if he’s used to it.

Oh my gosh, he’s the cutest!!! I have to say…that dog looks like a [name_m]Samson[/name_m]. It seems perfect. It’s really a good match w/Finley & [name_u]Fable[/name_u] too. Kind of down to earth & a little quirky. [name_m]Zeus[/name_m] & [name_m]Moose[/name_m] are really popular dog names. [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] is kind of cute. [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] is cute too. [name_m]Ajax[/name_m] just reminds me of the cleaning supply.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

He is so cute, I think he suits [name_m]Samson[/name_m] for sure.

[name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] seems perfect to me!

Keep [name_m]Samson[/name_m]! It’s unique and robust just like your new puppy!
[name_f]My[/name_f] second choice would be [name_m]Moose[/name_m].

Thanks for all the responses! As much as we love some of the options (my husband is particularly fond of [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u]), I think we’re sticking with [name_m]Sampson[/name_m]. We never disliked it, but we didn’t love it and he 100% didn’t respond to anything at first. Now, though, he’s actually responding (a little bit) to his name. Although, our two year old keeps calling him [name_m]Winston[/name_m]. :roll_eyes::joy:

2 Likes