New names - opinions needed

Since SO and I are planning to try for a half-sibling for my Hjörtur in the near future, we started looking into names together. SO wants to honor his Assyrian heritage, so we looked into his family names and heritage. This is a whole new world for me. I’ve listed some names I like for both genders that honor SO’s heritage, please tell me what you think: which names do you like or dislike, what would you pair it with, any suggestions…
Keep in mind that we don’t live in an English speaking country, but one that isn’t familiar with Assyrian culture at all.

For girls I like:

Elishva - my favorite so far
Shamiran
Lilitu or [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
Aramina
Esmar
Eshtar
Nineveh
[name_f]Shoshannah[/name_f]
Eiliama
Edessa
Marganita

For boys:

Bartulme - I love this one, but I hate [name_m]Bart[/name_m]
[name_m]Nimrod[/name_m]
[name_m]Ashur[/name_m] - I like it, but it still feels like someone misspelled [name_m]Asher[/name_m]
Eshai
Bardaisan
Avrahim
Addai
Hano
Ninev
Tulmay
Odishu

I really like:
Elishva- I think it fits with Hjörtur too - they’re different but coherent. It’s a nice name
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] - love the sound and feel of this
Aramina - Aramina is stunning. I love the flow
Nineveh - I like the sounds of Nineveh

Some more suggestions:
[name_f]Arbella[/name_f]
Diyana
Izla
Shamura
Brula
Yonita
[name_f]Deena[/name_f]
Ishtar
[name_f]Suriya[/name_f]
[name_f]Talitha[/name_f]
Arbilina

Aramina [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] Edessa, Elishva [name_f]Margret[/name_f], Nineveh ”srún, [name_f]Edda[/name_f] Aramina

Bartulme - I quite like it. [name_m]Artie[/name_m], [name_u]Tully[/name_u], [name_u]Bo[/name_u] could be alternatives to [name_m]Bart[/name_m], though it might get shortened to that still
[name_m]Ashur[/name_m] - I like the sounds - I’d just assume it was a different name to [name_m]Asher[/name_m] if I saw it written rather than a mispelling

Some more suggestions
Tamraz
Luqa
Asu
Ishaia
[name_u]Elia[/name_u]
Ramsin

[name_m]Ashur[/name_m] Bartulme, Bartulme Addai, [name_m]Ashur[/name_m] Tulmay, Bartulme Eshai, Bartulme [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_m]Ashur[/name_m] [name_m]Felicjan[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] Eshai

I live in the US, so please keep that in mind :slight_smile:

Elishva - I like it
[name_f]Shamiran[/name_f] - it’s okay
Lilitu or [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] - [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] sounds pretty but has bad associations (here, at least)
Aramina - I like it
Esmar - it’s okay, a little harsh to my ears
Eshtar - same as Esmar
Nineveh - I like it
[name_f]Shoshannah[/name_f] - I like it
Eiliama - it’s okay
Edessa - I like it
Marganita - I like it

Bartulme - not my favorite, I agree that [name_m]Bart[/name_m] is not the best
[name_m]Nimrod[/name_m] - I dislike it, it’s an insult in English
[name_m]Ashur[/name_m] - I agree with what you said
Eshai - not a fan
Bardaisan - not a fan
Avrahim - it’s okay
Addai - I like it
Hano - it’s okay
Ninev - it’s okay
Tulmay - it’s okay
Odishu - it’s okay

I really like:

Elishva
Lilitu or [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
Aramina - this is so beautiful!
Esmar
Nineveh
Eiliama
Edessa
Marganita

For boys:

Eshai
Addai
Hano
Ninev
Tulmay

I think you have some wonderful names here and it’s awesome that you want to honor your husband’s heritage. Some of these names are extremely interesting. I love your son’s name too.

I’m not familiar with most of these names (hooray!) but these are the ones I really like, based purely on look/sound:

Elishva
Lilitu or [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] (especially love the former)
Esmar
Eshtar
Nineveh

Bartulme
[name_m]Ashur[/name_m]
Eshai
Hano
Ninev
Tulmay

My faves are probably Eshtar and [name_m]Ashur[/name_m] — I love that soft “sh” sound! [name_f]Shoshannah[/name_f] and Lilitu are gorgeous too.

I’d pair any of these with a traditional but not overused name, like [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m]. I’m not sure which language you’d like them to work in: Nordic like your signature, or English?

Elishva is lovely! It has a really pretty sound. A similar name is [name_f]Elisheva[/name_f] though I don’t know if that honors your husband’s heritage.
I love [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], Aramina and [name_f]Shoshanna[/name_f]! Marganita’s cute but would forever get misspelled as [name_f]Margarita[/name_f].
For a boy, I like [name_m]Ashur[/name_m] and Hano. I would definitely avoid [name_m]Nimrod[/name_m] (you could use just [name_m]Nim[/name_m] instead?)

Thank you guys!

@katinka: to me it’s important that the name “works” in nordic countries, since most of my family is Scandinavian and I still hope to return to Iceland or [name_u]Sweden[/name_u] someday. But I live in Germany now, so it’s important that it works in other European countries as well.

@emmievis: I quite like [name_f]Elisheva[/name_f], it’s the Hebrew form of Elishva/[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]