(New) Teaser Game!

I haven’t been writing much besides essays (I keep having to do them on the day before they’re due) so this is pretty old…

“Sit in that empty seat in the top middle row.” Mrs. [name_m]Willis[/name_m] said. [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] ascended the steps and settled into the seat next to mine.

next word: shoe

Anyway, I brought her out to the garden, and I sat her down, and then I broke the news that I was cutting her loose. She then proceeded to mercilessly crush my big toe with the exceedingly pointy heel of her shoe."

Next: broke

“Okay, what was the first thing I said when you decided to buy your own ship?” [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] announced his presence with a booming voice. “‘[name_m]Don[/name_m]’t die.’ That was rule number one and somehow you broke it.”

Next word: buy

“I’ll buy you a cupcake,” he said, not so subtly teasing me for the incident that happened all those years ago.

Next: tree

They rushed past snow covered trees, as the sleigh’s runners sprayed a long trail of slush behind them.

next word: behind

A girl appearing to be around my age sat a couple feet away, her hands braced behind her as if she had fallen.

Next: age

Yuzu placed her hand on top of the magazine pile and turned her head towards Kou-Kou. “There’s not going to be anything… weird in here again, is there?"

Next word: magazine

“Looks like the Burger [name_m]King[/name_m] has lost his crown,” She teased. “What happened? I thought you were on top of the world. Front page of magazines and all that.”

“[name_f]My[/name_f] board broke.”

“Yikes,” She replied, unable to hide a grin.

Next word: world

“I prefer knives,” I admitted. “But, I live in a world of big pirate men with their giant swords so I learned to adapt.”

Next: live

“At first he lived quite happily in a glass tank in [name_f]Abri[/name_f]’s room, you know, along with her collection of all the other creepy crawlers she holds so dear.”

Next: happily

I woke up and yawned as a cold gust of wind blew open my windows. Strange, I didn’t remember leaving it open. I bolted upright, shocked. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister was gone.

Next word: gust

The gust of wind created an awful sound. It was like metal scraping on metal, or nails on a chalkboard.

Next word: metal

He cheered gleefully, when his fingers finally closed around a small piece of metal.

Next: cheer

I glanced over my shoulder and saw [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], whistling a cheery tune.

next word: shoulder

He would have stood there for hours, days, safe in [name_u]James[/name_u]’s arms, if it weren’t for the silent sobs that began to shake [name_u]James[/name_u]’s shoulders, and suddenly he remembered the case.

Next word: silent

The young lovers stood, side by side, in front of the hauntingly silent church.

Next: young

This is the first line of my story.

Why couldn’t she wipe that silly grin off her face?

Next: Why

Since we have the old teaser game back, can we go back to one thread to make it less confusing?

2 Likes

Why is it that princes always seem to notice the common town girls and farmer’s daughters, or, perhaps, a lighthouse keeper’s granddaughter?

next: prince/princes

2 Likes

He was merely eager to begin taking his responsibilities as Crown [name_m]Prince[/name_m] of Westland more seriously.

Next word: eager

1 Like