New

I’m new here and I am 17 weeks pregnant. I already have a 3yr. old and her name is [name]Aryana[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. I always liked “A” names, but I can’t seem to get away from “A” names. So, if my second child is a boy I was gonna name him [name]Aedin[/name] [name]Michael[/name], and if it’s a girl I was gonna name her [name]Avalon[/name] [name]Paige[/name]. I just hope when my kids get in school no one makes fun of them for all having “A” names. I do like other names for girls that don’t start with “A”. I like the names you can give nicknames to, and I don’t want to name them anything that would get them made fun of in school. Anyone have any advice on any boy or girl names that I could try that don’t start with “A”.

I think 2 A names in a family is not so bad. If you have more kids, you can start to explore the alphabet - you’re not in the “trap” until you have 3, I think. My brother and I have the same initial and my younger sister has a different initial, and it all works.

That said, I like [name]Aidan[/name] spelled [name]Aidan[/name], and I would rather stay with [name]Aidan[/name] (if you love it or don’t have any better ideas) than tack on an initial so that he is [name]Braden[/name] or [name]Raiden[/name] or [name]Caden[/name], etc. The name [name]Aidan[/name] is still good (to me) despite the trend to invent names that rhyme with it. I think most here would agree to steer clear of that whole deal.

Other names like [name]Aiden[/name] with another initial might be:
[name]Brett[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]/[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Denton[/name] (I have never seen this suggested; been here a short time only, but it seems to fit, just came into my head with the -den syllable from [name]Aidan[/name])

As far as [name]Avalon[/name] - I like the name [name]Avalon[/name].

Other names likely with [name]Aryana[/name] but close to [name]Avalon[/name] that do not start with A:
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Emeline[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

[name]Just[/name] a short few suggestions. I’m sure the community will have a lot more forthcoming.

Yes, please spell [name]Aiden[/name] in the traditional way, and spare your little boy a lifetime of having to correct people’s spelling. [name]Aiden[/name] is extremely, extremely trendy, though, and part of the meganames ([name]Jayden[/name], [name]Brayden[/name], [name]Cayden[/name], etc.), which may or may not bother you.

More A names to work with [name]Ariana[/name] (I’d stick with something similarly feminine):

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]

[name]Non[/name]-A:

[name]Bryony[/name] (floral name)
[name]Calla[/name] (ditto)
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name] (floral…)
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] (EZ-may)
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

Boys:
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Anderson[/name]

[name]Non[/name]-A, along the lines of [name]Aiden[/name], although I think the more exotic.romantic names sound great with [name]Ariana[/name]:

[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
Finninan
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]