Nick Cannon's Daughter

Nick [name_m]Cannon[/name_m] and his partner [name_f]Brittany[/name_f] [name_u]Bell[/name_u] just announced the name of their newborn daughter, her name is [name_u]Powerful[/name_u] [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_m]Cannon[/name_m]. She joins older brother [name_u]Golden[/name_u] [name_m]Cannon[/name_m]. That’s um, a strong choice :grimacing:

4 Likes

Umm… that’s powerful

6 Likes

I really don’t know what to say.

7 Likes

I saw that! I was left speechless :grimacing:

2 Likes

I would have much preferred the actual name of a powerful queen, like [name_f]Boudicca[/name_f], [name_f]Hippolyta[/name_f], [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] or [name_f]Hera[/name_f]/Juno.

While I admire the sentiment, [name_u]Powerful[/name_u] as a first name just does not have an appealing, or even namey, sound to me.

19 Likes

I agree with you! @katinka

Not a huge fan of turning a first and last name into a phrase. There are ways to match a word last name with a word first name, but I really prefer it when they don’t relate. The alternative feels to joke-y for my liking :confused:

I like it better than [name_u]Golden[/name_u] [name_m]Cannon[/name_m] though, which is ummm almost definitely a joke, whereas [name_u]Powerful[/name_u] does seem to have a more sincere meaning. Not my taste, especially with the last name [name_m]Cannon[/name_m].

10 Likes

I love the meaning of a strong female they’re giving their daughter, but I agree the name is somehow way too wordy.

1 Like

My sentiments exactly.

1 Like

[name_u]Powerful[/name_u] [name_f]Queen[/name_f]… that’s definitely something…

Like @katinka said, a name of a real powerful queen would have been really cool, but just naming your kid [name_u]Powerful[/name_u] [name_f]Queen[/name_f] is…

2 Likes

It doesn’t work IMO… But I suppose when your older child is called [name_u]Golden[/name_u] [name_m]Cannon[/name_m], it’s only fair that the next one gets a punny name too.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s a very strong name. [name_f]Queen[/name_f] is a good middle, but [name_u]Powerful[/name_u] is just… very out-there. It sounds like a cartoon, unfortunately.
Sometimes, I think celebrities forget that their babies may not want to be artists in the future. What if is she becomes a cientist, a doctor, a jornalist, a politician or a teacher?

3 Likes

Yep. They did a good matching them but wow those aren’t good choices.

1 Like

[name_u]Or[/name_u] even a name that means powerful!
Names meaning powerful:
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]/syn - brave and powerful one
[name_u]Max[/name_u] - greatest
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]/Valentina - strong
[name_f]Adira[/name_f] - noble and powerful :yellow_heart:
[name_u]Andrea[/name_u] - strong :yellow_heart:
[name_u]Asta[/name_u] - divine strength
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]/Audra/Audre - noble strength
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] - strong or exalted one :yellow_heart:
[name_f]Etana[/name_f] - strength of purpose
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - mighty and powerful :yellow_heart:
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f] - strong :yellow_heart:

Names that mean queen:
[name_f]Reina[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rana[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]

5 Likes

Imagine the poor thing at school, having to answer to Powerful [name_m]Cannon[/name_m] on the roll call in front of all her classmates :confused:

This has got to be the worst celebrity baby name I’ve ever heard tbh

4 Likes

I definitely agree :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Not even [name_u]Elon[/name_u] Musk’s child is this bad imho

4 Likes

Queen is quite cool sounding, I can see the appeal of that one, especially with [name_u]Chris[/name_u] [name_m]Brown[/name_m]’s daughter [name_u]Royalty[/name_u], [name_f]Ciara[/name_f]’s [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] [name_f]Princess[/name_f] and [name_m]Usher[/name_m]’s [name_u]Sovereign[/name_u], but [name_u]Powerful[/name_u] [name_m]Cannon[/name_m]… :flushed:

4 Likes

That’s a shocker…this has not been a good week for celeb baby girls. We had [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] and then we went downhill with [name_u]Baby[/name_u]-[name_u]Rae[/name_u] and now [name_u]Powerful[/name_u] [name_f]Queen[/name_f]?? I’m speechless.

2 Likes

I mean, [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] isn’t a bad name, and [name_f]Queenie[/name_f] isn’t either, but…
[name_u]Powerful[/name_u] [name_f]Queen[/name_f]
And [name_u]Golden[/name_u] [name_m]Cannon[/name_m] doesn’t even sound good.
Honestly, these are the times I feel bad for kids. Like, do celebrities even think, Oh, when my kid grows up, they’re gonna have to respond to [name_u]Powerful[/name_u].
[name_u]Or[/name_u], do they just think, Well, my kid’s gonna be so rich anyway, I’ll name them whatever I want to. They won’t even have to go to school to respond to names. [name_f]Imma[/name_f] buy them their own tutor! Who cares about job applications? [name_f]My[/name_f] kid’s going to become an actress at 12 and never get a job. And if whatever I force them to do at a young age doesn’t work, then I’ll just pay them the rest of their lives!

2 Likes