Nickname for Audrey?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Audrey[/name], and we’d be using it in memory of my Grandmother. What NN would you use?

Oh, I’m definitely following this thread! My grandmother is [name]Audrey[/name] and we’re considering this name for a girl, too! I’ve thought of [name]Rory[/name] as a nn, but got bad feedback on this site.

Unless you use something completely unrelated to the name, there are no nicknames for [name]Audrey[/name]. It’s only two syllables…

I could see [name]Audrey[/name] going by [name]Rey[/name] or [name]Ray[/name] so maybe [name]Sunny[/name] or [name]Sunshine[/name]? I think it depends if you want a nn straight out of the name itself or just one that echoes back to the parent name somehow. I can also see an [name]Audrey[/name] going by Auds but that is a bit more of a personal sort of pet name imo.

My only idea would be [name]Addy[/name]. The Audreys I’ve known have gone by [name]Aud[/name] (which sounds a lot like Odd).

Yeah, it’s hard to nickname. Another option might be an initials nickname (AJ being the main one, although [name]AD[/name] might work, or [name]Ace[/name] for AC, [name]Annie[/name] maybe for AN, etc.).

I could maybe see Auri.

[name]Drina[/name] could work. I know it’s more of a nn for [name]Audrina[/name], a variant of [name]Audrey[/name]. I also know a few Audreys who get their name shortened to Audge, which is unflattering to me. [name]Audrey[/name] doesn’t need a nn in my opinion and I think it can stand on its own.

I think just “A” is cute

I met a little [name]Audrey[/name] nn [name]Ree[/name]-ree (her little brother was calling out for her on the playground, my heart melted into my socks)

1 Like

Great suggestions! Thoughts on Dre?

I thought [name]Audie[/name] was a nickname for [name]Audrey[/name]? Surprised no one mentioned it. I’ve been considering [name]Audrey[/name] nn [name]Audie[/name] myself.

Maybe when I’ve hear [name]Audie[/name] it was really [name]Ottie[/name] and I mixed it up?

I’d nn an [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Dree[/name].

My name is [name]Audra[/name] - and growing up close friends/family called me “[name]Audie[/name]”, “[name]Drina[/name]” (from being called [name]Audrey[/name] a lot)

My nephew called his older sister [name]Audie[/name] when he couldn’t say her name. That’s the only nickname she’s really had.

I love the nn [name]Goldie[/name] for [name]Audrey[/name], as Au is the chemical symbol for gold. I think this may only work if she’s blonde, though!

I love [name]Aud[/name], [name]Audie[/name], [name]Audra[/name], [name]Dree[/name], [name]Drea[/name], and even [name]Addie[/name]. I’m considering [name]Audrey[/name] myself; it’s a beautiful name.

If I had an [name]Audrey[/name] (my favourite name) she would go by her middle name, [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Bird[/name] “[name]Birdie[/name]” (see signature) or [name]Audie[/name]. Like [name]Maudie[/name], without the M.:slight_smile:

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

I’ve always imagined an [name]Audrey[/name] being nicknamed “Aus” (prn like [name]Oz[/name])

My cousin’s name is [name]Audrey[/name] and her parents call her [name]Audy[/name] pronounced odd-ee.