Nickname for Ernest... beyond Ernie

My husband and I are seriously considering [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] for our next child. [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] was my Great Grandpa’s name who lived till I was in high school. My Great Grandma is till with us and I know it would mean a lot to her if we used it.

That being said I’m not really seeking opinions on the name [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] but was hoping for some advice on a nickname it. My family [name_m]WILL[/name_m] nickname him something even if we don’t like it. Having this in mind it would be nice to have a nickname already in mind.

I don’t hate [name_m]Ernie[/name_m] but was curious if there was another nickname out there that we haven’t thought of.

Thank you for any advice!!

Have you got any middles in mind? they may help to provide more nn options

NN’s for [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] alone:
[name_m]Ern[/name_m]
Ness
[name_m]Ernst[/name_m]
Nest/Nesty/[name_u]Nesta[/name_u]

NN’s from combos:
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] (or any J name) “EJ”
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_m]Lars[/name_m] (or other L name) “[name_m]Earl[/name_m]”
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_m]Vance[/name_m] or [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] “[name_u]Evan[/name_u]”

What about [name_u]Ren[/name_u]? You could also call him by his middle name or use [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] as a middle name

Here are some random ideas: Ness, Ertie, [name_f]Sen[/name_f], [name_u]Ren[/name_u], [name_m]Ern[/name_m], [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u], Ensie

I would use [name_u]Ren[/name_u] if you use [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] as a first name, but I’m not sure it’s ready for revival yet so I personally, would use it as a middle and choose something you love for a first name.

[name_m]Sten[/name_m], [name_m]Nestor[/name_m], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_m]Errol[/name_m], [name_m]Newt[/name_m], [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]/Ret, Tes, Ez, Ezzo, [name_m]Enzo[/name_m], and [name_m]Trent[/name_m] could all work, some with more of a stretch than others.

[name_m]Ernest[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ernie[/name_m] is really cute. morning_glory has some great suggestions! [name_m]Nestor[/name_m] would be cool

As it turns out in my search to find appropriate nicknames,there are not a lot of nickname options for [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] other than [name_m]Ernie[/name_m].
I ended up coming up with [name_u]Ren[/name_u] (as some other commenters have :smiley: ) and [name_u]Renny[/name_u].I assume you could spell [name_u]Renny[/name_u] also like Reni, but the R.E.N.N.Y spelling turns out to be a real name.

I know a guy named Nesty (nn for [name_m]Nestor[/name_m]). I like it. It reminds me of [name_m]Bob[/name_m] [name_u]Marley[/name_u]'s middle name [name_u]Nesta[/name_u], too.

[name_m]How[/name_m] is everything with you, I really want to tell you a little about me and if it will interest you know me i will like you to contact me back on (joyceadam2016@yahoo.com) because it is urgent and very important So that we can get to know each other better and i will send you more of my pictures for good start of friendship (joyceadam2016@yahoo.com) [name_u]Joyce[/name_u]

The first nickname that comes to mind for me is [name_f]Eri[/name_f]. Not sure if thats a real nickname, but it sounded cute at first
[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: I just realized I’m about 3 years late

In case anyone ever comes back to this thread looking for inspiration:
Besides [name_m]Ernie[/name_m], [name_u]Ren[/name_u] or Ness/ [name_f]Nessie[/name_f], I could also imagine Est, [name_f]Esty[/name_f]/ [name_f]Esti[/name_f]/ [name_f]Estie[/name_f] or [name_u]East[/name_u] as a nickname.