Nickname for Forest?

Hey berries, so I updated my signature yesterday with all the names I want to use in the future. I also put the nicknames I would call them and I realized that I can’t find one for [name_m]Forest[/name_m]. Can you think of any nicknames?

I don’t feel there is an intuitive nickname for [name_m]Forest[/name_m] and personally, I wouldn’t use a nickname as it is short and concise as is.

I also cannot think of a nickname for [name_m]Forest[/name_m], beyond something like Est or [name_f]Estie[/name_f]. I don’t think it really needs a nickname. If you actually named your child [name_m]Forest[/name_m], you may find a name completely unrelated to his name to call him.

That’s true. I won’t give him a nickname.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] stumbled upon this thread, and if you’re still looking, I might have some ideas.

Focusing on the O and R and E sounds…what about [name_u]Rory[/name_u]? A little bit of a stretch, but I think it could work! Or even [name_u]Ori[/name_u]? It’s a Hebrew name that means “my light” and can also be found in The Hobbit. I think they’re both super cute nns for [name_m]Forest[/name_m]!

I was also thinking [name_f]Resi[/name_f], pulled from the RES in [name_m]Forest[/name_m]. It’s a Greek name and means “Gatherer”. Paired with [name_m]Forest[/name_m], it makes me think of a little boy wandering through the woods gathering food and wood for a fire.

Thank you so much! [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is really cute, I’m going to use that.

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] is not a nickname for [name_m]Forest[/name_m].

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any suggestions then?

You’re welcome, eternalfaith! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] I could help!

Why couldn’t it be though?
It makes just as much sense as [name_u]Rory[/name_u] being a nickname for [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] does. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like [name_m]Forest[/name_m], it only shares the O and R with [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. Yet it’s extremely popular as a nn for [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] anyway.

Update: I decided not to use a nickname, since there’s not an obvious one and just because I love [name_u]Forest[/name_u] so much :grin: