Nickname For Jocelyn.

I really love the name [name_f]Joy[/name_f] but it’s too short with my last name being 5 letters & 1 syllable. I was thinking I could use the name [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f], which I also like, then just call her [name_f]Joy[/name_f]. Is [name_f]Joy[/name_f] a stretch for [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] or could it work?
There is a girl at my school name Joyclin, not sure how it’s pronounced and she goes by [name_f]Joy[/name_f].

The only nn I have ever heard for [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] is Jocie (prn. [name_u]JOSS[/name_u]-ee). But I think [name_f]Joy[/name_f] works:) Definitely. And I love [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f], btw.

I love [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] nn [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is a little bit of a stretch, but all the letters are there, so why not? I’ve only ever heard [name_u]Joss[/name_u], Josci/Jocie/Jossi (however you want to spell it), [name_u]Jo[/name_u], and [name_u]Josie[/name_u] for [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f], but surely [name_f]Joy[/name_f] could work, too. :slight_smile:

I think it works!

I think it works; in fact, I was just going to suggest [name_f]Joy[/name_f]! There are kids with nicknames which are much stretched and it works jut fine. :slight_smile:

Personally if I wanted nn [name_f]Joy[/name_f], I’d probably go for [name_f]Joycelin[/name_f] but I don’t think it’s too far of a stretch.

I also like [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] nn [name_u]Josie[/name_u].

My cousin is a [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] who goes by [name_u]Jojo[/name_u].

[name_f]Joy[/name_f] is nice, it works as a nn. I’d probably just use [name_f]Joy[/name_f] though if that’s what I’d primarily be calling her.