Nickname for Lincoln

Okay one more poll! :grimacing:

One of the things I’m struggling with Lincoln is the hard C. I prefer to have a softer nickname to use here and there, so I don’t see myself using Linc or Cole regularly. My husband definitely would use Linc.

While not super intuitive, which of the below nicknames do you think makes the most sense for Lincoln? Thank you again in advance!

• Nole/Noel
  • Ollie
0 voters

Could also do Len/Lin or Inky or maybe even Nil/Nilly?

1 Like

Voted Nole/Noel but they both make “enough sense” I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nilly is cute :slightly_smiling_face:

I think they both could work, but I prefer [name_m]Nole[/name_m]!

1 Like

You may also like [name_f]Lin[/name_f], [name_f]Lil[/name_f], [name_f]Linny[/name_f], [name_m]Colin[/name_m] or Inc

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I voted for [name_f]Ollie[/name_f], because I just love [name_f]Ollie[/name_f]. So cute! It is stretchy, but I guess that’s fine. However, if you’re going to do stretchy, what do you think of [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] nn [name_m]Lad[/name_m]?

I like the creativity but I don’t see myself using [name_m]Lad[/name_m] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Cole[/name_m]? [name_f]Lin[/name_f]?

Trying to avoid hard C, hence the poll options. Lin/Linny are very close to my name.

Voted for Oli and I think Nole is quite handsome and probably has more of the distinctiveness of Lincoln - but Linc or Linny would be what I’d naturally call my Lincoln son. :slight_smile: Just saw Linny too close for you?

1 Like

I think either [name_m]Noel[/name_m] or [name_f]Ollie[/name_f] would work.

[name_m]Lio[/name_m] (like Leo) could be another option?

2 Likes

Lincy doesn’t have the hard C ending? But it also may work better for a younger kid. Otherwise I prefer [name_f]Ollie[/name_f], but I think both are very stretchy. PP idea of Lio/Leo would be good!

2 Likes

I’m back to add [name_m]Lino[/name_m] and [name_f]Lilo[/name_f].

1 Like

Yeah too close to my name and not so much a fan of [name_f]Linny[/name_f] but appreciate the recommendation!

Yes!!! Never thought of Lio/Leo, but I love that idea! I actually recommended Leo as his first name quite a while ago, but hubby wasn’t a fan. Totally could see doing it as a nickname!!

3 Likes

Agreed! Lio/Leo could be the winner!

1 Like

[name_f]Lilo[/name_f] is cute too! Definitely something I could see myself using. I like to have several nicknames to call my kiddos. :smile:

1 Like

Also, I like [name_m]Oli[/name_m] as a better spelling for [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] vs [name_f]Ollie[/name_f]! So thanks for that!

1 Like

that’s awesome! that is very handsome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like