Nickname for Olympe/Olympia

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone,
We are considering [name]Olympia[/name] or [name]Olympe[/name] for our girl to be born in december. I’m looking for a cute nickname but can’t seem to find one. [name]Pia[/name]? [name]Don[/name]'t really like it. [name]Lily[/name]? We already have a little [name]Lily[/name] at home.
Thanks for your help!

Perhaps a slightly Russian twist: [name]Olya[/name]

Or maybe just “O” - it worked as a style revamp for both [name]Oprah[/name] and [name]Othello[/name]…so why not?

What about [name]Ollie[/name]/[name]Olly[/name]? I know that is traditionally been a boys nn, but I think it could be cute for a girl.

Great suggestions! I really love the name [name]Olympia[/name], and knew the loviest [name]Olympia[/name] in college.

I know it’s probably stretching it, but if you rearrange the letters, [name]Molly[/name] appears (well, acutallly Moly). Wait! Poly appears, too, so what about [name]Polly[/name]? I think that [name]Polly[/name] is darling with [name]Lily[/name] (although a bit similar with the [name]Ly[/name] endings). It’s close to [name]Lily[/name], but I think that [name]Lia[/name] or [name]Mia[/name] could work, too.

So, I’m adding to the mix:

[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I actually love the nn [name]Ollie[/name]/[name]Olly[/name] for a girl. [name]Olivia[/name] is on our list for a girls name and that’s what we’d nn her. I think it has that [name]Allie[/name], [name]Ellie[/name] feel to it.

[name]Lia[/name]?

Thanks everyone! There are a few great ones to choose from! I especially like [name]Lia[/name] or [name]Polly[/name]. Can’t wait to meet my cutie and see if the name matches her!

Good luck to you! :slight_smile: