Nickname for Solomon other than Sol/Solly?

We are still looking for other options beyond our shortlist of names for our baby due in February ([name]William[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] are the top 2). We both keep coming back to [name]Solomon[/name]. [name]One[/name] thing holding us back is that we don’t really like the nickname [name]Sol[/name] or [name]Solly[/name]. Are there other nicknames used for [name]Solomon[/name]?
Also, I know it’s a favorite around here but I don’t know anyone with the name. Is it too high a standard to set? (Kind of like [name]Adonis[/name] or [name]Romeo[/name]?)

[name]Solomon[/name] nn [name]Manny[/name]? I don’t think that the [name]King[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] reference is too much to handle. [name]Solomon[/name] does however feel totally different from your top 2 names. What about [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Solomon[/name]?

It is different from our other two. What’s holding us back from the other two are that they are pretty common. We like more traditional names for boys but are trying to branch out a bit. The big problem, as I’ve noted in earlier posts, is that we have a Hispanic last name to contend with (my husband is Hispanic, I’m not). A lot of traditional names (like [name]John[/name]) just sound weird with a very Hispanic name but I don’t like most of the Hispanic equivalents.
Thanks for your thoughts.

This is probably too out there, but what about Solo? I kind of like it! :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Solomon[/name]! I think it fits nicely with [name]William[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name]. All strong, regal names. My thoughts for nicknames:

Loam. We have [name]Clay[/name], [name]Heath[/name], [name]Pete[/name] (peat), even some babies named [name]Moss[/name], why not Loam?
[name]Sonny[/name]
[name]Sunny[/name] or Sunbear, [name]Sun[/name] [name]King[/name], Sunbeam, since “[name]Sol[/name]” means sun.
[name]Ra[/name] (Egyptian sun god- this one’s random but cool imo)
Salamander -once in a while

What about Oli?

1 Like

My son’s name is [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] and we call him Solo for short. He’s only two right now so it suits him well. I can see that we may lean towards [name_m]Sol[/name_m] as he gets older maybe?

I like Solo as a nickname for [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]! I also thought of [name_m]Lon[/name_m], but I think that’s a bit of a stretch.

I don’t think that [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is too lofty sounding. It seems much easier to wear to me than [name_m]Adonis[/name_m] or [name_m]Romeo[/name_m].

[name_u]Sonny[/name_u] or [name_u]Sully[/name_u] come to mind. I think [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is great, I also really like the nn [name_m]Sol[/name_m] (& it’s meaning - sun). I think it’s cute on a kid & suits a grown man. I actually prefer this name to [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] as I like nn [name_m]Sol[/name_m] way better than [name_m]Seb[/name_m] but that’s just me :slight_smile:

[name_f]One[/name_f] of my favorite boy’s names is [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]. I love Han Solo and thought I was being sneaky with the Solo thing, but apparently not. I also love that “sol” means “sun” in Spanish. Solo or [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]?

My name is [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] and people often have trouble with my name especially children.So you’ll often find yourself telling people a nickname,I use Solo because it stands out and is easy to say.

As @tk. said, my first thought was Solo :slight_smile:

Quite honestly, I just love [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], and I don’t think it’s too long to go without a nickname. Unless you’re the nicknaming types, if I chose it I wouldn’t pick a nickname out for him. And I don’t like [name_m]Sol[/name_m] myself, but I find myself using [name_m]Sol[/name_m] for Solomons and it becomes quite sweet, I think, when not the primary nickname.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Solo[/name_u], [name_u]Sully[/name_u], [name_m]Mosie[/name_m], [name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_u]Lonnie[/name_u], [name_f]Moon[/name_f], [name_m]Moss[/name_m], [name_u]Lorry[/name_u], [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] or [name_m]Son[/name_m]? I know some of these are a bit ‘out-there’, but they could work.

[name_u]Ollie[/name_u].

I don’t think it’s the type of name that needs a nickname or needs to be shortened. My name is the same amount of syllables and length and I prefer to go by my full name. I don’t like having it shortened.

I know a [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] who goes by [name_u]Sal[/name_u]

I think [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] / [name_u]Olly[/name_u] was a good suggestion

([name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name!)