Nickname for Valentine?

Apart from the obvious [name]Val[/name], can anyone think of a reasonable nickname for the name [name]Valentine[/name]?

The only other one that springs to my mind is [name]Len[/name], which I really dislike!

[name]Tine[/name], perhaps?

[name]Tiny[/name]. LOL! J/K

I knew a guy in college named [name]Valentine[/name] - everyone called him [name]Val[/name]. You may not be able to avoid it.

[name]Tino[/name], [name]Vinny[/name], Alen, [name]Al[/name],

I was going to suggest [name]Tino[/name] but I see someone beat me to it!

[name]Vale[/name]! It’s a GP of mine.

This was totally going to be my suggestion. And I actually kind of dig it.
[name]How[/name] about Tintin?
Also [name]Vane[/name], Tie/[name]Ty[/name], or Ente (I really like this in English but should point out that it means Duck in [name]German[/name]. Though that doesn’t really bother me).

I think [name]Ty[/name] is an approachable, intuitive choice. [name]Allie[/name]/[name]Allen[/name] make sense, too, and V is kind of fun. I liked the look of [name]Vane[/name] until I said it outloud…probably wouldn’t want to be called “vain” by one’s own family…

I like [name]Val[/name] and [name]Vinny[/name].

He could go by ‘V’, but it’s synonymous with vampire blood for ‘Trueblood’ fans :slight_smile:

I don’t think a nickname is even necessary for such an awesome name as [name]Valentine[/name].

That said, I suggest [name]Valen[/name].

[name]Valentine[/name] is such a great name. For me, [name]Tino[/name] is the obvious, most natural nickname, but that is just my opinion. Any of the other suggestions work. [name]Len[/name] or [name]Lenny[/name] and [name]Val[/name] are good options.

[name]Tina[/name], [name]Vallie[/name]/ [name]Valley[/name]/ [name]Vali[/name], or how about [name]Love[/name], [name]Angel[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] with the connection to the meaning of [name]Valentine[/name] :slight_smile:

My FIL’s name is [name]Valentin[/name] and he goes by [name]Vali[/name] (pronounced like [name]Valley[/name]). I have always loved the name.

I only know one [name]Valentine[/name], and she goes by [name]Vali[/name] (pronounced like ‘[name]Valley[/name]’), I quite like it!