nickname for Xavier?

[name]How[/name] does that one work? [name]Do[/name] you call your little baby boy X? That’s cool when he’s a teenager, but what until then? Any suggestions?

Funny: My son is [name]Owen[/name] and we call him O, even though we didn’t plan that. And X is definitely a name a teenager would thank you for (but a prospective bride, maybe not so much). You can impose a nickname to some extent, in my experience – we’ve always insisted our son [name]Joseph[/name] be called [name]Joe[/name] and not [name]Joey[/name], for instance, and that’s worked – but sometimes friends or the child himself will choose a different nickname. Zave?

ooo! Zave is cool!

[name]How[/name] are you pronouncing the name? Ex-ave-ee-er? Zave-ee-er? (I use the Zave-ee-er pronunciation.) If you use the former pronunciation, I think X is cool (but closely associated with [name]Malcolm[/name] X, not a bad thing), but with the Zave pronunciation, I think Xave or Xavie are really fantastic.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Javier[/name] nn [name]Javi[/name].

[name]How[/name] about [name]Xavi[/name] pronounced [name]Shaw[/name]-vee?
I know someone names Xabi and Xaba but with ‘sh’ sounds.
[name]Kinda[/name] cute!

I think Xavie is really cute, and to me it works with either pronunciation. X is definitely cool for a teenager. I love the name [name]Xavier[/name].

I think Xavie is cute! My friend has a son named [name]Xavier[/name] and we call him [name]Avi[/name], but I don’t think that’s the norm.

Yes!
[name]Avi[/name]!
Pronounced Aw-Vee!
That’s cute!

I have some expierence with this =) My oldest sons name is [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Michael[/name]!!! And there are two different nicknames that we use…and they are…X or X-man! Those are the two that have stuck with him (of course Mama calls him Shorty though!), and most of the people in our family go towards X-man. Hopes this helps a little!

zay, but then again should’nt a nickname be something that you call your child without thinking? why name him xavier if you aren’t planning on calling him that?
=)

We going to name our son this, but the number one question people ask is what could you nickname him. i think the name is just fine but i don’t really want people calling him something crazy like bubba (we live in the south) so i rather have a good alternative for the lazy pronouncers. Many people call him x man already but i really like zay too!

Zay… you could spell it xay though.