Nickname ideas for Dante?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! I’m looking for nickname inspiration for the name [name_m]Dante[/name_m]. I’m curious how Italians would treat the name - would people say things like Dantino > [name_m]Tino[/name_m]?

I know sometimes nicknames in Italian are longer than the actual name. I haven’t been able to find anything specific on the name [name_m]Dante[/name_m], so any ideas/thoughts are welcome!

Te (tay) would be nice. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_u]Dani[/name_u]? Maybe [name_u]Dane[/name_u]?

Apparently it comes from [name_m]Durante[/name_m], so maybe [name_m]Duran[/name_m] could work??

It’s after the poet, and I’ve never known a [name_m]Dante[/name_m] who was called anything other than [name_m]Dante[/name_m].

However, if you’re American you could do [name_u]Danny[/name_u] or [name_m]Tino[/name_m].

[name_u]Donnie[/name_u] and [name_u]Tay[/name_u] come to mind.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_m]Dante[/name_m] is handsome. These are a bit of a stretch, but maybe [name_u]Dash[/name_u] or [name_m]Dex[/name_m] as nns?

I thought of [name_u]Danny[/name_u]!
Xx

[name_m]Dante[/name_m] is already a diminutive of [name_m]Durante[/name_m].
As an Italian, instinctive nickname for me is [name_m]Dan[/name_m].

[name_m]Dante[/name_m] would not have a nickname in [name_f]Italy[/name_f] as, aside from being very short, it was originally a nickname for [name_m]Durante[/name_m].

[name_u]Danny[/name_u] was my first instinct but I think [name_m]Teo[/name_m] could work too.