Nickname List for Beatrice and Beatrix

I read a lot of the threads on these 2 names and wanted to compile a nickname list since [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] are in our top 3 for our baby girl coming next week (hopefully!) and a great nickname could be the deciding factor. Are any of these too big a stretch? Any you love or really don’t like? Please add to the list if you have other ideas! I am trying to focus on the type of nickname that could be used in place of her formal name if she wanted, as opposed to terms of endearment (like Honeybee, etc) that I am sure to use but will someday embarrass her! :slight_smile: Thanks!

[name]Bea[/name]
[name]Beah[/name]
[name]Bee[/name]
[name]Bess[/name]
[name]Betsy[/name]
[name]Betty[/name]
[name]Bette[/name]
[name]Trish[/name]
[name]Trixie[/name]
Bex
Bitsy
[name]Beadie[/name]
[name]Bebe[/name]
[name]Birdie[/name]

???

We are also considering [name]Beatrice[/name]. Our other choices are [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name] nn [name]Hattie[/name]. The nickname [name]Bea[/name] is cute but nothing extraordinary. My sister has a baby who’s name starts with B and she calls her “B” all the time so [name]Bea[/name] did not appeal to us at all, but the name [name]Beatrice[/name] is so beautiful. Also, it translates into so many different languages! And has a great meaning.

We also considered [name]Beatrix[/name]. I love the idea of the nickname [name]Trixie[/name] but after researching it really has bad associations that I don’t want my child to have to deal with. So even though I love [name]Beatrix[/name], the possibility of people calling her [name]Trixie[/name] took it off our list.

The nicknames I like best from your list (that I think could be used in place of her formal name) are [name]Betsy[/name] and [name]Birdie[/name]. I think [name]Beah[/name] is beautiful but I have only heard it used for spanish speaking [name]Beatriz[/name]’. [name]Bea[/name] and [name]Bee[/name] have become too ordinary in my mind. [name]Bess[/name], [name]Betty[/name], and [name]Bette[/name] are cute but not my style. [name]Trish[/name] is a stretch for [name]Beatrice[/name] in my opinon. Bex is cute for [name]Beatrix[/name]. Bitsy is adorable, but i don’t think it would work as more than a pet name. [name]Beadie[/name] is cute but weirder and not as cute as [name]Birdie[/name] in my opinon. [name]Bebe[/name] is cute but I think of the clothing line, and, for me, it is just to close to plain “[name]Bea[/name]”.

Since you are considering the name yourself, do YOU think [name]Birdie[/name] would only work as a pet name? Or could it be used by everyone, not just family?

I love [name]Birdie[/name], as long as you don’t feel it’s too much a stretch. Next favourite would be [name]Betty[/name] or [name]Betsy[/name].

Similar to Bex, but I feel it makes it somewhat different, what about [name]Bix[/name]?

The Italian nickname for [name]Beatrice[/name] (bay-ah-tree-chay) is [name]Bice[/name] (bee-chay) : )

irexshicanbabe - I love both [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] on your list, but we can’t use [name]Harriet[/name] because it is my [name]MIL[/name]'s name and it is not our culture to name after living relatives. I like [name]Birdie[/name] and do not think it is too cutesy for a formal nn. I have a friend whose DD’s middle name is [name]Birdie[/name] which they use as her nn. I do think it is a bit of a stretch but since it starts with B it still makes sense. I do not know anyone (old or young) named [name]Bea[/name] or [name]Bee[/name] so I am not too concerned about those being common, although I have seen a lot more birth announcements with [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] in the past few years, but usually in the middle spot. Most of the other nn’s are nms which is why I was trying to see if there were any nn’s I was missing.

I love [name]Bix[/name] and [name]Bice[/name]! What about Bixby? I also left [name]Tess[/name] off the list by accident, which someone suggested in another post. Thanks everyone!

[name]Bix[/name]
[name]Bice[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Bea[/name]
[name]Beah[/name]
[name]Bee[/name]
[name]Bess[/name]
[name]Betsy[/name]
[name]Betty[/name]
[name]Bette[/name]
[name]Trish[/name]
[name]Trixie[/name]
Bex
Bitsy
[name]Beadie[/name]
[name]Bebe[/name]
[name]Birdie[/name]

???[/QUOTE]

[name]Tish[/name]
[name]Bonny[/name]
Beaton
Bitty
[name]Biff[/name]
[name]Bette[/name]
[name]Busy[/name]

Triss maybe?

Yeah, I’m stuck with the name [name]Beatrice[/name].
Everyone calls me [name]Bea[/name]… Which is cool now, but when I’m older…
I personally prefer [name]Tris[/name] , but I’m still searching :smiley:

I really like [name]Tris[/name] for [name]Beatrice[/name] and Bex for [name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Beatrice[/name]. :slight_smile:

In French I think the usual nickname is Béa (sounds like bay-uh.)

I really like [name]Bix[/name], Bixie or [name]Bunny[/name] for [name]Beatrice[/name]/x. A pp suggested [name]Busy[/name]- I think that’s kind of cool too.

Another nickname is Beezus like the [name]Beverly[/name] [name]Cleary[/name] book Beezus and [name]Ramona[/name].