Nickname(s) for Sebastian

See the results of this poll: Nickname(s)for Sebastian

Respondents: 71 (This poll is closed)

• Seb : 20 (21%)
  • Bas : 18 (19%)
  • Bastian : 24 (25%)
  • Ian : 9 (9%)
  • Just Sebastian, no nicknames: 26 (27%)

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is one of my favourite names, so I’d like it used in full best! But if I had to pick a nickname I’d use [name_m]Baz[/name_m].

I vote for just [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. I love [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] but I dislike his nicknames.

From your poll I like [name_m]Ian[/name_m] best. My personal favorites are [name_f]Basha[/name_f] and [name_u]Sasha[/name_u].

I like [name_m]Baz[/name_m], [name_m]Ian[/name_m], and [name_m]Ben[/name_m] as nn’s for [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

I voted for no nicknames because my favorite one wasn’t listed: Bash. I think that’s such a fun, adorable name for [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m].

Nicknames aren’t necessary

I voted [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], but I also love [name_m]Baz[/name_m] <3

I voted for [name_m]Seb[/name_m] and [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], because those are my favorites, but I really love [name_m]Bas[/name_m], Sebby, Bash, [name_m]Baz[/name_m], [name_u]Ash[/name_u], and [name_m]Ian[/name_m], too. I honestly don’t think there is a nn for [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] that I don’t like. :slight_smile: I think [name_m]Seb/name_m and [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] are my favorites, though!

I love [name_m]Bastian[/name_m]. Other than that I think [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is great on its own

I’ve always loved [name_u]Ash[/name_u] and Sebba, along with [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] (but i’m hooked on the Neverending [name_u]Story[/name_u] pronunciation and know no one would use it).

[name_m]Ian[/name_m] is a great nickname for a little [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]!

I like [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] best for [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. But I know a teacher called [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and I get used to referring him as Sabby with my friends. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] on its own is lovely as well.

I voted for [name_m]Bas[/name_m] but I saw Bash one time and I love that (it sounds a little silly but aren’t nicknames meant to be fun?)

I like [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] a lot, both as a NN for [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and as a name in its own right.

Our cats name is [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and we call him Sebby lol.

I do like [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] as well, but I kind of think it’s one of those names that really doesn’t suit a nickname (on a human), if I absolutely had to, I’d go with just [name_m]Seb[/name_m].

My friend had a cat named [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] that they nicknamed Sea Bass, which I always thought was kind of cute. Besides that, I really think you should let a nickname for [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] come organically. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t try to force anything. My FI’s brother and wife had a daughter and they selected her name and then selected the nickname they wanted everyone to call her. Welllllll, she’s been here about four months and NO ONE calls her the nickname they wanted and are calling her something else entirely, but the mother keeps trying to push this nickname on her daughter that, at this point, simply doesn’t feel natural.

Our son is named [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and we occasionally call him Sebas (Sea bass). My husband is a Spanish speaker and it sounds a little more ‘normal’ to him, but it ended up being really cute actually.

Some friend and relatives call him “Bassy” which I can’t stand :confused:

I thought I would call him [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] but it turns out we use his full name 90% of the time.

I voted for [name_m]Bas[/name_m] and [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], but I like the spelling [name_m]Baz[/name_m] better than [name_m]Bas[/name_m]. [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] nn [name_m]Baz[/name_m] is our top boy name :slight_smile:

I’d use [name_m]Seb[/name_m] or Bash.