Nicknames for Alessia?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,

I saw the other day that a fellow berry had a daughter named [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] but I can’t remember who it was. Anyway, I wanted to ask if her daughter had any nicknames. I love the name [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] but just can’t think of a good nickname.

Here are the ones I’ve come up with…
Lessy (doesn’t sound that good [name_f]IMO[/name_f] because of “less”)
[name_f]Ally[/name_f]
Cici

I think if I had an [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] I’d just call her by her full name…it’s so pretty, after all! Any suggestions?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Ally[/name_f] came to mind naturally, but it’s such a boring nickname imo because it’s so expected for [name_m]Al[/name_m]- names.

Others:

Aless (like [name_f]Alice[/name_f], you could use the Aless spelling or [name_f]Alice[/name_f]… or [name_m]Ales[/name_m])
Sia
[name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_f]Essie[/name_f]
[name_f]Alea[/name_f]
[name_u]Lexi[/name_u]
[name_f]Essa[/name_f]

Some seem a bit of a stretch than others (e.g. [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]), but I think they’re all usable. I do like [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] as a full though because it’s so pretty.

What about Lissy? I think it’s adorable. You can also use Sia/Sea.

My daughters name is [name_f]Alessia[/name_f], I went through a phase of calling her [name_f]Ally[/name_f] when she was learning to talk to help her easily say her name but we quickly reverted to calling her by her full name which she can say very clearly now. its a gorgeous name so we use it in full :slight_smile: [name_f]Ally[/name_f] would be the only nickname I would use but much prefer it in its full format!

Thanks for the input! I agree that [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] without a nickname is gorgeous. :slight_smile: I do like the suggestion of Lissy, though.

Yeah its cool

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
Sia
Lessia
[name_f]Essie[/name_f]

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Essie[/name_f] and Lissy as nicknames. So cute!! [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous on it’s own too. :smiley: