Nicknames for Alora

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I came across a name that we absolutely love and has stood out to us among the rest… [name_f]Alora[/name_f]! We love that it sounds so feminine and beautiful, is more of a modern name, but not too common or trendy and is easy to pronounce. The only thing that might be an issue is that my name is [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. Its not that we are trying to name her after me. They are two completely different names with different meanings, but obviously sound very similar, and so that might be confusing when someone calls us by one of our names. So I’m wondering if we could still keep the gorgeous name and have a nickname for her for family and friends to call her.

Our top name pick prior to this was [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. But we were worried that this name might be overused and too common. Especially now since [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] and [name_u]Harry[/name_u] just named their baby “Lili,” -we think the name will continue to be super popular. Which is why [name_f]Alora[/name_f] was so much more appealing. I still love the name [name_f]Lily[/name_f] so much that I would consider using it as a middle name… [name_f]Alora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any suggestions as far as nicknames for [name_f]Alora[/name_f]? And maybe [name_f]Lily[/name_f] could be a possible nickname?

Lastly, her older sister’s nickname is [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] so we would want something cute that sounds good with it.

2 Likes

[name_f]Ally[/name_f]
[name_f]Lore[/name_f]
[name_f]Lora[/name_f]
[name_u]Ori[/name_u]

I think if you want to use lily, go with [name_f]Lily[/name_f]!

1 Like

Hmm, the only nicknames I can think of that don’t sound too similar to Laura are Allie or Ari. As for using Lily as a nickname: I think if you’re going to call her Lily, you might as well make that the first name, since it would be a bit confusing otherwise.
I understand the appeal of Alora but its similarity to Laura is a bit unfortunate. I could see the two names getting mixed up a lot: and when she’s older she might decide to go by Alora, and not by any nickname.
Some names that remind me of Lily and Alora you might like:
Ariel or Arielle
Aurora - but quite popular
Annora
Alondra
Annika
Ariana
Anya
Annelie
Brielle
Cecilia
Celeste
Calluna
Calla/Callie
Dahlia
Delphine
Evangeline
Estella
Eloise
Eliza
Elina
Fiona
Felicity
Genevieve
Helena
Harlow
Juliette
Lianna
Louisa
Louella
Mira
Marlowe
Mallory
Maeve
Noelle
Oriana
Olympia
Ophelia
Olive
Phoebe
Pippa
Rosalie
Serena
Sylvie
Tessa
Thea
Tallulah
Vienna
Winter
Zara

1 Like

[name_f]Alora[/name_f] nn…

Allie/y
[name_m]Al[/name_m]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_f]Lori[/name_f]
[name_f]Ora[/name_f]

1 Like

I’ll add [name_u]Rory[/name_u] as a suggestions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

[name_f]Alora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is beautiful! It’s a nice tie to you while also giving her a name of her own

1 Like

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] would be a perfect middle name and it flows so nicely with [name_f]Alora[/name_f]!

[name_f]Lora[/name_f]
[name_u]Lorrie[/name_u]
Lozza
[name_f]Ally[/name_f]
Alo
Rara

1 Like

I love [name_f]Alora[/name_f], so I totally understand why you’re drawn to it, but I do think it’s too similar in sound to [name_f]Laura[/name_f], and you’re going to get some confusion. If I were you, I would think about [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Alora[/name_f] instead and call her [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] + [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] are really cute together too.

If you think you’d only call [name_f]Alora[/name_f] by a nn, then maybe it’s ok. I like the suggestion of [name_u]Rory[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Allie[/name_u] or [name_f]Ally[/name_f]
[name_f]Lori[/name_f] or [name_f]Lory[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_u]Ara[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]

I think [name_f]Laura[/name_f] and [name_f]Alora[/name_f] is cool,you would be honoring yourself in someway ,us mothers deserve to be honoured

I agree with what @esita said if you love it go for it ,that it’s popular just means that it’s a beautiful name

I think too that [name_f]Alora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] would be cute

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is a great list. I have a [name_f]Calla[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], and [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] in my family. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] looks pretty but I don’t know how I feel about the double r’s. I think [name_f]Alora[/name_f] is easier to say. I’d prefer [name_f]Annelie[/name_f] pronounced as aw-nah-lee. [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] was on my list for middle names as well. So pretty!

1 Like

Thank you all for your feedback! :heart: