Nicknames for Amelia

It seems [name]Amelia[/name] is getting a lot of positive feedback from my other thread, and I have to admit it is one of my favourites off the original list. The thing is, [name]Amelia[/name] is as long in syllables as [name]Elizabeth[/name] (4), and [name]Libby[/name] goes by a nickname. I think [name]Amelia[/name] would have to have one too, at least part of the time, just to balance things out a bit. It doesn’t look as long, but when you say it it is.

Two questions:

1. What nicknames are there for [name]Amelia[/name]? I’ve heard of [name]Amy[/name] from [name]Doctor[/name] Who, but I’m not keen on that. [name]Millie[/name] or [name]Milly[/name] is the one I’ve heard most, but there must be others.

2. Parents of Amelias, how often if ever does she go by a nickname, and what one?

Thanks in advance,

HappyH

The [name]Amelia[/name] in [name]Princess[/name] Diaries goes by [name]Mia[/name], which I’ve always thought is cute.

My niece is [name]Amelia[/name]. My sister thought it would be good because of multiple nicknames but she’s never shortened it. She is almost 5 so maybe that will change when she is in school. I’ve mostly heard [name]Amy[/name] and [name]Millie[/name] too. I like [name]Mia[/name]. Maybe [name]Elle[/name]?

My daughter is [name]Amelie[/name], similar to [name]Amelia[/name]… Everyone calls her [name]Amelia[/name] when they see her name written. We call her [name]Amie[/name] (as in french form of friend, not [name]Amy[/name]) for short. I like [name]Mia[/name] too.

shieldsc - I don’t know much about the [name]Princess[/name] Diaries, but [name]Mia[/name] is a cute nickname.

sjpmama - It’s good to see the full name is usable, I think I like it best in full but I want to have nickname options. [name]Elle[/name] would be too close to [name]Elliot[/name] for us to use.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Mila[/name]? Very cute!

I like [name]Mila[/name]. However, I don’t think ever name has to have a nickname. You could just call her [name]Amelia[/name].

[name]Mel[/name], [name]Ami[/name], [name]Lia[/name], Ames (not that I recommend all these, but they’re some that classmates might give her)

I agree. [name]Amelia[/name] may have the same amount of syllables as [name]Elizabeth[/name] but it flows off the tongue better and, in my opinion, really doesn’t need a nickname.

I’m digging [name]Mila[/name] and [name]Lia[/name]. All of the Amelias I know go by their full name or [name]Amy[/name]/[name]Ami[/name].

[name]Elia[/name] would work (altho it’s a different sound than at the end of [name]Amelia[/name]), or [name]Amie[/name].

If you used [name]Amalia[/name], [name]Ama[/name] would work. Or [name]Emilia[/name], [name]Emmy[/name]/[name]Emmie[/name]/[name]Emme[/name].