Nicknames for Augustus other than Gus or Auggie?

I love the name [name]Augustus[/name] but Auggie and [name]Gus[/name] have yet to grow on me (and the hubby, who is against the name altogether so far). I can’t come up with any alternative nn’s - any thoughts, fellow berries? I’m hoping one might win the hubby over!

[name]How[/name] about you just call him [name]Augustus[/name]? Or [name]August[/name] if you must have a nickname :slight_smile:

[name]Gust[/name], as in “a gust of wind.” Gusto, as in “enjoyment.”

I have a friend who named their child [name]Augustus[/name] as it was a family name. She calls him [name]Stu[/name] or Stewie playing off the “stu” part in the name

I have this problem. I love [name]August[/name] as a name but I really hate the nicknames so he’d just have to go by [name]August[/name] all the time.

I knew an [name]Augustine[/name] who went by Auggo. [name]Kinda[/name] fits in with the [name]Viggo[/name]/[name]Hugo[/name] trend…

[name]Gust[/name] - I never would have thought of that. I like it!

Auggo - I [name]LOVE[/name] it!

You berries are fantastic. Thank you!!!

1 Like

I always thought [name]ACE[/name] would be a god name or an [name]August[/name] or [name]Augustus[/name]…

It has enough of the sounds! and if you dont like [name]GUS[/name] or Auggie…

I was going to suggest [name]Gust[/name], too, I think it’s really cool. :slight_smile: For some reason I thought of just Go, too, which I think is sort of cool.

What about Guster?

My son’s name is [name]Augustus[/name]. Most people call him Auggie. My husband calls him Gusto. I tend to call him Augs.

1 Like

I absolutely love the nickname Aust! [name]Austin[/name] itself is a short form of [name]Augustine[/name]/[name]Augustus[/name], and Aust is a nickname for [name]Austin[/name]. So it’s legit : )

So, we dealt with this issue in a way. We love both [name]Augustus[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] (family names), we would have just went to [name]Gus[/name] as the NN for a boy but the girl possibilities threw me as I hate [name]Gussie[/name] etc on a girl. We contemplated the following:

Goose (if you like informal, pet names),
[name]Goldie[/name] because of the Au (I know a very successful man named this and he carries it, but it would have been for a girl for me)

And for the girl: Taggie (in the UK, this is a known NN for [name]Agatha[/name] and I think it works for [name]Augusta[/name], too…so maybe a spin off for a boy: Tags, Tagger etc)

1 Like

What about [name_u]Justice[/name_u]? Or even [name_u]Jet[/name_u]?

You could simply call him by the first letter of the name, A :blush:

Gustie or [name_u]Gusty[/name_u]