Nicknames for Beatrice

DH has suggested [name]Beatrice[/name]. It’s NMS, but since this is the only girls name he has suggested besides [name]Jennifer[/name], I don’t want to get rid of it. I don’t particularly care for [name]Bea[/name] or [name]Bebe[/name], and DH has an aunt called [name]Trixie[/name], so they aren’t really options. My question to you is, would either [name]Bess[/name] or [name]Betsy[/name] work as nns for [name]Beatrice[/name]? And do you prefer one over the other?

I think they both definitely work. The sound of [name]Bess[/name] is actually closer to [name]Beatrice[/name] than [name]Elizabeth[/name], so I think it works quite well, actually. Personally I much prefer [name]Bess[/name] to [name]Betsy[/name]- it’s a lot fresher and sleeker to me.

I think [name]Bess[/name] and [name]Betsy[/name] both work well as nns and I like them equally.

However, once little [name]Beatrice[/name] goes to school I’m pretty certain that she’ll be [name]Bea[/name] or [name]Bebe[/name] to her friends so it’s best avoided if you don’t like them.

[name]Beatrice[/name] is great as a fn but I think it sounds even better in the mn spot if dh would be happy for you to find a name you love which goes well with it.

Good luck!

[name]Tris[/name] is a nn I just read about for [name]Beatrice[/name]. Spunky and fun!

You could probably even pull Bics. (yeah it’s a company that makes pens but I think it’s cute in a Bex sort of way).
I hate to say it but [name]Bess[/name] always makes me think of [name]Bessy[/name] the Cow.

I think both [name]Bess[/name] and [name]Betsy[/name] could work. I find myself partial to the idea of [name]Beatrice[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name], personally. :slight_smile: I think you could get away with [name]Etta[/name], too, if you wanted.

I think [name]Tris[/name] and [name]Beah[/name] (to rhyme with [name]Leah[/name]) are the best. I really like [name]Beatrice[/name]!

[name]Bette[/name]/[name]Betty[/name] could be appealing.

So could [name]Honey/name as a nickname but not one that you’d want to use all the time forever.

I do like [name]Beatrice[/name] as a name a lot.

[name]Beatrice[/name] was my girl’s name had my baby been a girl. I had the Nicknames [name]Betsy[/name] and [name]Birdie[/name] picked out.

I like [name]Bix[/name] because its short and cool compared to the long and elegant (and very beautiful) [name]Beatrice[/name] :slight_smile: I like [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Jennifer[/name] but due to bad initials I wouldn’t use it (does Dh live any other [name]Gen[/name]- names)

(I also have a sister named [name]Beatrix[/name] but she is called [name]Trixie[/name])

I love the suggestion of [name]Tess[/name]! Thanks! I have loved [name]Tess[/name] for ages, but don’t like [name]Tessa[/name] or [name]Teresa[/name]. Brilliant! :slight_smile:

I actually really like the NN [name]Trixie[/name], but like I said, DH has an aunt called [name]Trixie[/name], so he’d rather not use it. He doesn’t seem to like any other [name]Gen[/name] names. I actually really like [name]Genevieve[/name], and have suggested [name]Juniper[/name], but he just likes [name]Jennifer[/name]. Oddly enough, he’s never met one, and thinks it’s unique, lol!

[name]Tris[/name] would have to be my favorite. It’s the name of the heroine in Divergent (a rising book trilogy). [name]Bess[/name] or [name]Betsy[/name] could work.

In my country, a “[name]Beatriz[/name]” is always [name]Bea[/name]/Bia. :slight_smile:

I like the nn Bex … which makes a little bit more sense with the name [name]Beatrix[/name]. My fave, which you don’t like, is still [name]Bebe[/name]! What about Beece?