Nicknames For Beatrice

I’m considering using [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] as the name for our daughter, whose twin will be named [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] nicknamed [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. As far as nicknames go I’m partial to [name_f]Bea[/name_f] (p.n [name_f]Bee[/name_f]), but I’m not sure [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] go together as a sibset as nicely as [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. What other nicknames would you give a [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]? I’m not fond of [name_f]Beah[/name_f] or Beatty (I find them a tad too old fashioned). Also in contender for her name is [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] but I am unsure if the OR sounds in both [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] are a bit too matchy-matchy. What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

The only other nickname for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] I can think of is [name_u]Tris[/name_u]. I personally think [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f]/[name_f]Bee[/name_f] sound really cute as siblings.

Maybe you pronounce them differently, but I don’t say the OR in [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] the same as the OR in [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], so I don’t think they sound too matchy at all.

My mother is a [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and she’s been [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_f]Bibi[/name_f] all her life. [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] are perfect, so I disagree with you there.

[name_f]Trixie[/name_f] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]

[name_f]Betsy[/name_f] is one not mentioned.

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f]! [name_f]Bibi[/name_f] is also a cute suggestion.

So cute, love the sibset [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] too. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] are perfect. [name_f]Bebe[/name_f]/B.B. or [name_f]Trix[/name_f]/[name_f]Trixie[/name_f] too. [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Trixie[/name_f], oh my.

I absolutely love [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] as a sibset, it’s so cute!!
My best friend’s a [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and she’s always been known as [name_f]Bea[/name_f]; other nicknames that I’m aware of are [name_f]Trixie[/name_f], [name_f]Cissy[/name_f] and [name_f]Betsy[/name_f]. But I really don’t think that [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] have any problems at all, it would definitely be my preferred sibset.

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] just doesn’t do it for me, [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is such a beautiful name and, in my opinion, so much nicer than [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. There is also the matching vowel sound with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], which, though it isn’t a big deal for me might swing me even more in favour of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

Good luck making your decision!

I actually think [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] are really cute together. [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_u]Tris[/name_u] is another cute idea.

I think [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] are adorbs! The full names and the nns are a great set for twins, they go together so well and are not overly matchy matchy.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] are a great sibset for twins! :slight_smile: I think [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] & [name_f]Bea[/name_f] flows nicely, although [name_f]Bea[/name_f] & [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is a bit more choppy, and you will be saying it both ways, I can say from experience! I don’t think that’s a deal breaker, though, they’re still perfectly fine as a pair. [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] & [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] flows well both ways, although for the nn [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] you might want to consider [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] are perfect together, but I also like previous suggestions of [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] (although those might be TOO matchy) and [name_f]Betsy[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] together! My friend has a [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “Ted” and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] “[name_f]Bea[/name_f]” (also a [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] “[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]”) and I’ve always thought they were a fabulous sibset.

I have heard of [name_f]Betty[/name_f] for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], but I think [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Betty[/name_f] is even worse than [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] (I actually think [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is adorable!). I suppose you could do [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Trixie[/name_f], although [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] does make more sense for [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. I’ve also heard (somewhere) [name_f]Tess[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], too, but I think [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] are pretty cute, too.

I know a [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] called Beattie (pronounced bee-tee)

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] fit together perfectly!

Thank you for all your wonderful feedback! I’m so glad everyone thinks [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] go together well, it’s definitely my favourite twin combo.

My favourite is [name_f]Tess[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] are cute.
I also like Rissy as a nn for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].
[name_m]Just[/name_m] something a little different.