Nicknames for Catherine

Two questions:

1. What are some nicknames for [name]Catherine[/name]?
  2. Would [name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Erin[/name] work?

[name]Cat[/name] is my favorite nickname for [name]Catherine[/name]. There’s also [name]Cate[/name], [name]Catie[/name], [name]Cathy[/name]. I do think [name]Erin[/name] could work but it seems like a stretch. If I wanted to call a baby [name]Erin[/name], I would just name her [name]Erin[/name].

I agree with the pp about [name]Erin[/name]. I think it works alright, and it’s all in there, but why not just use [name]Erin[/name]? It’s its own name.

For nicknames:

[name]Cate[/name]
[name]Cat[/name]
[name]Kit[/name]
[name]Kitty[/name]
[name]Cathy[/name]
Cath
[name]Catie[/name]
[name]Kay[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]/ [name]Rin[/name]
Caff
[name]Catie[/name] Did (like the insect)

I agree that [name]Erin[/name] is a bit of a stretch simply because it’s a well-known name on its own. But for a similar sound, what about [name]Rin[/name] or Rinn? That’s been my favorite nickname for [name]Catherine[/name] for a long time-it’s more unique than [name]Cat[/name] or [name]Cate[/name] or [name]Catie[/name] or [name]Cathy[/name], though I think [name]Cate[/name] is also adorable. I also know a girl named [name]Kathleen[/name] who goes by Kaffey, and I really like it, so Caffey might be a possibility, though I think most people would go, “Did you say [name]Cathy[/name]?” until they got used to it. Overall, I say [name]Rin[/name].

nn=
[name]Cate[/name]
[name]Catie[/name]
[name]Cat[/name]
[name]Cay[/name]
[name]Cathy[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]/[name]Rin[/name]
Rinny
[name]Erin[/name] (I think it works!)
(any of the C names above but with a K)

I wouldn’t use a nickname. I would use [name]Catherine[/name].

I am a [name]Kathryn[/name], so [name]Erin[/name] is not in the spelling of my name…I have been called Cupcate, [name]Kate[/name], [name]Katie[/name], [name]Katie[/name] Did, [name]Kat[/name], [name]Kit[/name], [name]Kit[/name] [name]Kat[/name], [name]Kai[/name]…

Beside the usual nicknames, I heard of a [name]Catherine[/name] that went by Thrin. I also came up with my own spunky nn - Cathers. My favorite pre-established nn of [name]Catherine[/name] though, is Cath or [name]Cathy[/name].

[name]Cate[/name]/[name]Cait[/name]/[name]Kate[/name] is my favorite. I think [name]Kit[/name] [name]Kat[/name] or just [name]Kit[/name] or just [name]Kat[/name] are really cute. I think [name]Erin[/name] totally works, its unique! It’s spelled out right there in [name]CathERINe[/name] so I don’t see why you couldn’t use it. People stretch things much farther than that. Makes more sense to me than the suggestion of [name]Wren[/name].

[name]Kitty[/name] and [name]Cat[/name] are my favourite nicknames for [name]Catherine[/name]. I think [name]Erin[/name] could work, though it is a bit of a stretch.

nicknames for [name]Catherine[/name]: [name]Cathy[/name]/[name]Kathy[/name], [name]Cat[/name]/[name]Kat[/name], [name]Rin[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] this one)
Could [name]Erin[/name] work as a nickname?: [name]One[/name] hundred percent! [name]Love[/name] it!

My favourite nickname is [name]Cate[/name] or [name]Cat[/name]. I agree with the others that [name]Erin[/name] is a stretch just because it’s own name already, and would just use [name]Erin[/name] as a full name.

I think everyone covered all possible nicknames… but yes, [name]Erin[/name] works

My favorites are [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Cay[/name].
[name]Erin[/name] would work, but it doesn’t strike me as a nicknameish name.

[name]Theron[/name]? I know I know, boy’s name. [name]Just[/name] adding to the list.

My favorite [name]Catherine[/name] nn is [name]Rinna[/name] or Renna. Does [name]Erin[/name] work? Yes. But I would just call her [name]Erin[/name].

I think pretty much any nn I could come up with has been mentioned, but I have to say [name]Kit[/name], [name]Wren[/name], and [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Cate[/name] are probably my favorites. I definitely think [name]Erin[/name] could work, and I have thought of it myself. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t use a nn but I like [name]Cate[/name]/[name]Kate[/name] and [name]Kit[/name]. I think [name]Erin[/name] works but I think [name]Erin[/name] is far less attractive than [name]Catherine[/name].

I think [name]Erin[/name] is an adorable and clever nickname for [name]Catherine[/name]! It’s such a great name because of all it’s nickname potential - I like [name]Cate[/name] a lot, and also think [name]Kitty[/name] and [name]Kick[/name] have a gorgeous vintage charm.

I prefer the obvious [name]Cathy[/name] but I like [name]Erin[/name] too. It’ll definitely work.