Nicknames for Eleanor

Hi everyone!

Eleanor is one of my forever names, and I’m so set on using it in the future. I recently found an Appalachian [name_m]Mountain[/name_m] post with some nicknames for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] that I had never thought of.

I’m wondering, do you think I could actually use the nickname [name_m]Leo[/name_m] for a little girl called [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]?

and What are YOUR favorite nicknames for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]? :relaxed:

1 Like

I wouldn’t use it personally (I like [name_f]Leonore[/name_f] or [name_f]Leona[/name_f] better for [name_m]Leo[/name_m]), but it works. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Nell[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Leo is such a fun idea as a nickname for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is [name_f]Nell[/name_f], which I just love in general. I also love [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

2 Likes

Elle/Ellie or [name_f]Nor[/name_f]/Nora

1 Like

Lena is another one of my favorites!!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite nickname for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is [name_u]Lennie[/name_u]!
I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] works, though it’s a bit of a stretch and might not stick. I love the suggestions of [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]/Leonor/Leonore and [name_f]Leona[/name_f]/Leonie for [name_m]Leo[/name_m] on a girl

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a natural nickname, so I wouldn’t use it.

Nicknames for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] I like are [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f].

1 Like

I think it could work.

My favourite nn for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is [name_f]Nell[/name_f]

1 Like

Nell is by far my favorite! [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] “[name_f]Nell[/name_f]” has been on my short list. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is also cute

1 Like

[name_f]Lea[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], Nono, No, [name_f]Nora[/name_f]

1 Like

Mine is [name_f]Nell[/name_f]!!

1 Like

Nora is my favorite. I love [name_f]Lena[/name_f], too, but it’s a bit of a stretch. [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_u]Lenny[/name_u] are second-tier favorite.

1 Like

I love the idea of [name_m]Leo[/name_m] for a nn to [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite nn is [name_f]Elle[/name_f]!

1 Like

It’s not very intuitive, tbh. It would definitely work better for [name_f]Leonor[/name_f], as others have said.

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Leo is such a neat nickname for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]!!

My favourites are [name_u]Lennie[/name_u], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], and now also [name_m]Leo[/name_m]!

1 Like

Leo works! I like the classic [name_f]Nora[/name_f], but i also like [name_f]Lea[/name_f] and [name_m]Lenni[/name_m]

1 Like

Nora will always have a special place in my heart!

Noor
[name_u]Lennie[/name_u]
[name_u]Lan[/name_u]
[name_u]Lane[/name_u]
[name_f]Elle[/name_f]

Leo could definitely work! I love long frilly girl names with unexpected spunky masculine nicknames. I feel like it gives the child flexibility to discover who they are / want to be. Like when they are older / professional they can go by their full name but as a kid they have this sweet little nickname !

1 Like

When I saw the title of this thread, I jumped on to say [name_m]Leo[/name_m]! The thought of it being a nn for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] only occurred to me the other day and I love it.

1 Like

I love this idea too!! [name_u]Lane[/name_u] is so cute!