Nicknames for Eloise

Hi all! I love the name [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and am looking for nickname options!
[name_m]Can[/name_m]’t be [name_f]Ella[/name_f]/Ellie as I have a very close cousin with a daughter named that.
I have a couple I like so let me know your thoughts on those or if you like any others!

Lou
[name_f]Lo[/name_f]
[name_f]Liz[/name_f]/Lizzy (is this a stretch?)
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] (Really love this but it feels like a stretch)

Thanks!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]!

Lou–Super sweet and spunky! I really love this (or [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]!), and both feel like very natural/easy nicknames for [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]!
Lo–This feels a little bit incomplete to me, although I can definitely see it working as a casual nn. I like [name_f]Lola[/name_f] as a possible extension, but I like [name_u]Lou[/name_u]/Lulu even more.
Liz/Lizzy–This does seem like a bit of a stretch, but I’m generally all for stretch nicknames if you love them and don’t mind the occasional hassle of explaining them. I prefer [name_f]Lizzy[/name_f] between these two but you could also totally use both.
Nell–Ooh, I love [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. I can definitely see how you got it, even though it doesn’t feel as natural as some of the others. The stretch bothers me a little more here than with [name_f]Liz[/name_f]/Lizzy, probably because I think of [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a standalone name (although it obviously has a history as a nickname!). If I hear [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f], my instinct is that they’re just two separate names rather than one being a nickname for the other. But–if [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Nell[/name_f] works, there’s really no real reason [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Nell[/name_f] doesn’t. And I do adore [name_f]Nell[/name_f], and I love the idea of you getting two use two names you love. So my answer to this is go for it, as long as you don’t mind the odd question about it!

Overall, my favorites are [name_u]Lou[/name_u] (or [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]!) if you want something that feels obvious and requires no explanation, and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] if you don’t mind the stretch-ness!

1 Like

Elle could work well.
A little kid I know is nicknamed “Lellie” which is super duper cute.

1 Like

My favorite is [name_f]Lola[/name_f] :slight_smile: I adore [name_f]Nell[/name_f] but I don’t see it from [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] sadly.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I hadn’t thought of [name_f]Lola[/name_f] as an extension of [name_f]Lo[/name_f] but I kinda love it! I do really like [name_u]Lou[/name_u] as well, it just doesn’t feel as babyish for when she would be little but [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] is cute then too. I do really like [name_f]Nell[/name_f] but I just wonder if it would feel natural.

1 Like

Oh Lellie is super cute!

Lou & [name_f]Lolly[/name_f] are my favourites :sparkles:

1 Like

Lou is my favorite! I like [name_m]Louis[/name_m] too :grin:

1 Like

I think [name_u]Lou[/name_u] works well

Lula, [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_u]Issy[/name_u], [name_f]Lissy[/name_f], [name_u]Isa[/name_u]?

Lou, [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Lizzy[/name_f] would be adorable! What about…

Lulu
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lissy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Essie[/name_f]
[name_f]El[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Sila[/name_f]
[name_f]Sela[/name_f]
[name_u]Issy[/name_u]
[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]