Nicknames for Fresa?

Having the hardest time naming baby girl. Husband likes Fresa. Are there any nicknames that could sell me on the name?

1 Like

Fresa is cute!

[name_f]Essa[/name_f]
[name_f]Essie[/name_f]
Resa
Saffy

1 Like

[name_f]Fifi[/name_f]
[name_f]Berry[/name_f] (since it means strawberry in Spanish)
[name_f]Zaza[/name_f]
[name_m]Frey[/name_m]
Riri
[name_f]Reese[/name_f]
[name_m]Ace[/name_m]
[name_f]Rey[/name_f]
[name_f]Isa[/name_f]

Not sure if you would pronounce it freh-sah, free-sah, or fray-sah so I gave options that may or may not work depending on which you use.

1 Like

Freesie
[name_f]Essie[/name_f]
[name_f]Reese[/name_f]
[name_m]Frey[/name_m]
[name_f]Essa[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Essie[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f] / [name_f]Effy[/name_f]
[name_f]Fifi[/name_f]
[name_f]Sasha[/name_f]
[name_f]Sisi[/name_f] / Sissi
[name_f]Rey[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Frey[/name_m]
[name_f]Fey[/name_f]
[name_f]Berry[/name_f]
[name_f]Sasa[/name_f]
Zsa-Zsa
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rey[/name_f]

1 Like

Fresa is really cute- I considered it strongly at one point but more so as a guilty pleasure? I couldn’t get over that it felt like naming a child [name_f]Strawberry[/name_f], even though I really do like it. if you’re not sold, maybe [name_f]Faye[/name_f] or [name_f]Freya[/name_f]? (which could be nn’s for Fresa too)

1 Like

I should have added in the post why I don’t LOVE it. I don’t like names that end in a. However I wanted to see what naturally came to mind for nicknames. The reason I do LIKE the name is because it means strawberry and I feel like that’s kind of a nature name and love nature names. I also like how rare it is. I like the FR sound at the beginning as well. Also my husband has been pretty set on this name since we’ve been together. He is set on a Spanish name in general and most other girl names are in Spanish and end with a so I really don’t like them. But I would rather our daughter get a name that one of us LOVEs over a name that we both kind of agree on. I found the name we named our 6 year old boy so he feels like it his turn to do the same. Thank you!!

2 Likes

Oh yeah, finding the name you both love is definitely the ideal scenario! And for what it’s worth, Fresa is darling and ultimately I do think it’s usable. I’m sorry you haven’t found the one that pulls on your heartstrings yet but I have confidence you will! Have any of the suggested nicknames stood out to you? Since you like the “fr” sound I also thought of [name_f]Frida[/name_f] and [name_f]Freesia[/name_f] (both underrated gems imo)

1 Like