Nicknames for Genevieve that aren't Gen, Genny, Genna, etc.?

I adore the name [name]Genevieve[/name],and it would sound lovely with our French Canadian last name. However, I really don’t want it shortened to [name]Gen[/name], [name]Genny[/name], etc. I feel like if we don’t give her a nickname, though, people will automatically shorten it to one of the [name]Gen[/name] names. Any creative nickname suggestions?

Not very creative but what about [name]Neve[/name] or [name]Viv[/name]? I don’t like those other nns either.

I don’t know if you count Geney ([name]Jeanie[/name]) as a [name]Gen[/name] name, but I think it’s cool. I would also consider [name]Vivi[/name] (either vivvie or veevee) or [name]Evie[/name] (evvie or eevie). Not sure whether it matters, but are you going to pronounce her formal name as jen-a-veeve or jhon-vee-ev? I think jen-a-veev is the usual expected way, so would call her something pronounced vivvie or just veeve, not veevee. If you are going with the jhon-vee-ev way, I’d go with [name]Evie[/name], pronounced evvie.

What about “[name]Evie[/name]” or “[name]Eve[/name]”?

I love [name]Genevieve[/name], too, and [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Evie[/name] (already suggested) are my favorite nicknames.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I havent read the other replies, so forgive me Iif I repeat but…
[name]Eve[/name]/[name]Evie[/name],
[name]Gia[/name],
[name]Neve[/name]/Nevie
[name]Vi[/name],

[name]Eve[/name] seems to come to mind most because thats so prominent at the end of the name… [name]Gia[/name] would work as well, because the name starts with a G…
[name]Neve[/name] is a little more out there, but it would still work, and this is a beautiful name that isnt too popular.

[name]Vi[/name]
[name]Viv[/name]
Vieve
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Evie[/name]
Nevie
[name]Neve[/name]

The possibilities are endless, it seems

I really like Nevie, that’s adorable! We can’t do an “[name]Eve[/name]” variation because my [name]BIL[/name] and his wife just had an [name]Evelyn[/name], who I assume will be [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Evy[/name] at some point.

We’d pronounce it the American way, although i love the French pronunciation.

I know a very spunky, spry, adventurous, mischievous, bright and loyal 11-year-old girl who goes by the nickname “[name]Vivi[/name]”. It suits her to a tee! [name]Genevieve[/name] will be beautiful when she grows up. Best of luck!

Vievie / [name]Vivi[/name] is cute.

[name]How[/name] about “[name]Ivy[/name]”?

[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Vivi[/name]

My daughter is [name]Genevieve[/name] and she goes by [name]Neve[/name]/ Nevie. We get complements on her nicknames all the time.

Another suggestion that I don’t think has been mentioned yet is [name]Gigi[/name]. Good luck.