Nicknames for Josie

I am finding it a nightmare to find nicknames for [name]Josie[/name] (not [name]Josephine[/name]). I don’t really like my name and if I had a nickname then I could be called that instead. I don’t look like a [name]Jo[/name] and I hate [name]Jose[/name] (pronnounced joe-s) so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

My only other thought would be [name]Joey[/name] or [name]Jojo[/name], both of which are really close to [name]Jo[/name].

I suppose you could opt for Cece or [name]Posey[/name], but those are both quite a bit of a stretch.

Well - as you know [name]Josie[/name] is a nn for [name]Josephine[/name], so other [name]Josephine[/name] nns might be logical choices for you. [name]Effie[/name] is a neat vintage one. I wonder if [name]Essie[/name] works.
What is your middle name? maybe there is inspiration to be found there???

Why would you need a nickname for [name]Josie[/name]?

To boyandgirl:
I need a nickname because I don’t really like my own name so I could be called by that instead.

To lynae:
I love [name]Effie[/name] just don’t think that it would come naturally to other people as I am not a [name]Josephine[/name] and my middle name is [name]Kate[/name]

To ashthedreamer:
[name]How[/name] do you pronnounce Cece?

Thanks to everyone so far

Well, [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Kate[/name] more than [name]Josie[/name]?

To lynae: Yes-I like it more than [name]Josie[/name] but I wouldn’t want to be called it full time. Sorry for being awkward.

The only other name I can think of is [name]Jay[/name]

If you don’t like your name, maybe you could change it instead?

The only I didn’t see was this one:
Cee?

Well, if [name]Polly[/name] could be a nn for [name]Mary[/name], [name]Daisy[/name] a nn for [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Posey[/name] a nn for [name]Josephine[/name], I think it’s okay to use a nn that people might think is a stretch:) [name]How[/name] about [name]Rosie[/name], for example? I don’t know really, pick something you like and make up some story to tell people if they wonder why you have a nn that doesn’t evolve naturally from [name]Josie[/name]:slight_smile:

Agree with ashthedreamer on [name]Joey[/name] or Cece, it would be pronounced like C.C., close to the last syl of your name [name]Sie[/name]-sie only looks better…although I guess it could be more like ZeZe depending on how you say [name]Josie[/name].

I would suggest initials but J.K. could be hard to live with, seems to have worked for JK Rowling though.

Good luck finding something you like!

[name]Josie[/name] is a lovely name (and [name]Kate[/name] is fabulous as well)! Sorry to hear that you don’t like your name. Cece was the first option that sprang to mind. [name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]Joss[/name]? I think that would be a nice option as well.