Nicknames for Laura?

hi there – I have yet to come up with a good nickname for my 7 month year old [name]Laura[/name] (trying to avoid [name]Laurie[/name]). You’d think I would have thought about this before I chose her name because one thing I don’t like about my name, [name]Sarah[/name], is lack of a real nickname. Here are some I use but none have really stuck:

[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Lala[/name]
[name]Lulu[/name]
Loey

[name]Do[/name] you like any of these or can you think of anything better?

My daughter is named [name]Laura[/name]. Here are her nicknames:
Loolie
[name]Lula[/name]
Miss Voo
Tutu - we called her this when she was tiny.
Vah-Voo
Voo
Voo-ah
Voova
Voovie - this was her first “V” name. I was meeting families who named their kids names that all started with the same letter. So then I thought, wouldn’t it be funny if both my kids’ names started with a “V”? Then I nicknamed them [name]Vada[/name] and Vadinga, and made up a song with those names in it. [name]Laura[/name] was Vadinga, but it didn’t last. It turned into Voovie. [name]Vada[/name] didn’t last either.
Voo Voo
[name]Yitty[/name] - we called her this when she was a tiny baby.

What’s funny is that [name]Laura[/name] loves [name]Vivian[/name] nn [name]Vivi[/name] now. I notice that it’s so similar to all her “V” names.

I love the name [name]Laura[/name], but because every [name]Laura[/name] I know has always been called [name]Laura[/name] (except for the occasional “[name]Lore[/name]”), I can’t think of any nicknames to add to your list.

Wait. I suppose you could use the L alone as a nickname source and call her [name]Elle[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name].

And as [name]Susan[/name] shared, the nickname doesn’t have to relate to [name]Laura[/name] in any way.

I think it’s so refreshing to hear [name]Laura[/name] on a baby! :slight_smile:

Good luck, [name]Sarah[/name]!

[name]Laura[/name] is a great name. If all else fails, you can try the first-initial route with L. You could also try spelling it [name]Elle[/name]

I have a couple of friends called [name]Lauren[/name] rather than [name]Laura[/name] who go by [name]Lolly[/name], but that might work?

Why do you need a nickname? [name]Laura[/name] is a pretty name and it’s what you named your baby.
I was named [name]Melissa[/name], and immediately after, they have called me [name]Lisa[/name] ever since. Now, these 2 names, in my opinion, do NOT go together. All my life I have been asked why do I call myself [name]Lisa[/name] if my name is [name]Melissa[/name]. It makes no sense whatsoever to use a nickname that is not even related to the name itself.

I just want to say that we call our daughter [name]Laura[/name] in public and often at home, but sometimes I call her nicknames for fun. It’s like calling her honey or sweetie, but I make up my own terms of endearment. The reason why I do it is it’s fun. It just shows that I love her. In Russian Literature, everyone has gobs of nicknames.

A second vote for [name]Lolly[/name]! And, as many have pointed out, the name could have something to do with her personality rather than her name. I called my daughter [name]Turtle[/name] for the first several months because she made this face that really looked just like a turtle.

[name]Just[/name] going to add Auri derived from the last half of [name]Laura[/name]. Oh wait you didn’t want [name]Laurie[/name] so Auri is pretty close. :confused: We sometimes call my dog [name]Lola[/name] just Lo I guess you could call her Lau/[name]Law[/name].
My [name]Mia[/name] was [name]Mimi[/name], Muffin or Cookie Crumbs. Oldest [name]Kira[/name] - Pumpkin or Goose.

Today at the park there was a little girl named [name]Lauren[/name] but she was called [name]Lolo[/name]. It actually sounded a lot cuter than you actually than you might think. I also think it helps to have a cute little face to put the nn with :wink: