nicknames for melissa

i have never been particularly fond of my name and always desired to have a nickname but there was never one to catch on. i recently started to train for a triathlon with a group of women from my gym, and 2 others are also named melissa. one goes by missy, but the other uses no nickname. there are few things that are different, we have the same last name initial and we are both blonde. since i joined the group later and am younger i feel as though i should call myself something different to cut down on the confusion. any ideas?

I knew a [name]Melissa[/name] nn’ed [name]Lissa[/name]. (LISS-uh) So pretty!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Mellie[/name]? There’s a character called that on Dollhouse, and it’s so cute!

I love the [name]Lissa[/name] and [name]Mellie[/name] suggestions!

Also, I think [name]Mimi[/name] could work, but it’s more of a stretch. Or maybe [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Isa[/name] (ee-sa).

Or what about [name]Lise[/name]? It’s a French nickname.

I think [name]Mellie[/name] is great!

My close friends call me [name]Mel[/name], which I like, but I’m really picky about who’s allowed to use it. (Call it a quirk.) [name]Lissa[/name] is a bit too girly for my tastes, but I had an ex who called me Liss and that was just about right. :slight_smile: