Nicknames for Noínin

So Noínin is an Irish word name meaning “[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]”. I love the idea of flower names like [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] but I also love Irish names so why not use the Irish forms of these flower names. Only problem is I can’t think of any kind of a nickname for Noínin. It’s pronounced No-neen as far as I’ve heard but I don’t know of any short names that sound similar. Anyone got any suggestions?

The first thought I had is Neenie.

[name_f]Nona[/name_f] would be cute! There’s always the option of [name_f]Nina[/name_f], as well.

Noínin is a very sweet name! You could use Noni (no-nee) as a nickname.

[name_f]Nona[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nonie[/name_f]

Going off the pronunciation here it sounds like there’s a little ah sound before the neen, so I think [name_f]Ann[/name_f]/[name_f]Annie[/name_f] could work.

I believe the second “I” has an accent, too: Nóinín. Apparently it’s sometimes used as a nickname for Nóra or Onóra/[name_f]Honora[/name_f], like Nóirín.

“[name_f]Nonie[/name_f]” is a sweet nickname. “[name_f]Nina[/name_f]” would also make sense. :slight_smile:

I didn’t even think of Neenie! That’s a really good one. I like [name_f]Nona[/name_f] and [name_f]Nonie[/name_f] too, I think anything ending with an “ie” is adorable.

[name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_f]Nona[/name_f], [name_f]Noa[/name_f]